The Best of 2012 in Music: Albums, Songs, Shows, Lists, Discussions, Fun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Broken Bells came out in 2010.

I knew somebody was going to post that. That's why I confessed to picking a few that weren't released this year in my OP. Let's just say I re-discovered Broken Bells this year and listened to it more in the year 2012 than in the year 2010. Same goes for Black Keys' last one.

And to add a few more:

bob dylan - tempest
jack white - blunderbuss
bruce springsteen - wrecking ball

I'm bummed with how little love Animal Joy has received from most critics lists. :sad:

I don't mind if it's not ranked as high as I personally would rank it, but the fact that it's not even mentioned in many of the lists makes me sad.

I need to check that out.

This is my last of work for the year (and I'm working hard) so I'm going to be checking out lots of stuff I missed this year.

:up: Do it!

I haven't even gone in to work yet today, that's how much work has been going on in my office this last week. :wink:

Oh that's terrible! This year has been my first year since high school getting 4 day weekends for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's nice!

Seriously. I'll never be able to understand what could drive anyone to do something like this.

If this doesn't open some kind of meaningful discussion about gun control, nothing ever will. I can't immediately think of something worse than opening fire on a room full of elementary school children.

Having trouble wrapping my brain around what happened in Connecticut, all. I don't understand.

I was sitting in my office at school, which is right next to our elementary school choir room, where the little kids were singing Auld Lang Syne as I was reading about the school in Connecticut. A chilling moment, and sad one, for sure. :sad: I can't even imagine the pain at that school right now.

One album that I feel didn't get quite enough chatter was Heady Fwends. I'm listening to it now and it will probably land in my top 15. It takes some pretty skilled people to pull off 14 collaborations on 70-minute long album. It's a wild ride but there are some awesome songs on it - Children of the Moon with Tame Impala is outstanding, while I'm Working at NASA on Acid, First Time Ever I Saw Your Face AKA Erykah Badu Hates Wayne Coyne, Is David Bowie Dying, Ashes in the Air are all pretty damn great.

I think it's going to be in my top ten. It's a rare album that can be that sonically adventurous and that cohesive at the same time. The Nick Cave track is a blast.

Yeah, the cohesiveness really surprised me. Seemed to be a common reaction. I thought it'd be a mess but it's Bomac (quite good) from start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom