The Best of 2012 in Music: Albums, Songs, Shows, Lists, Discussions, Fun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice, it's one of my favs from the year. Check out the album before it when you get a chance some time. It had one of the highest ratings of any album Pitchfork reviewed the year it came out.

You might like Menomena, NSW. You might not. A lot of things might happen.

Seriously though, it's a good album (as are their previous werkz).

Me three.

Apparently Joyful does not own an axe.

I've never heard a note of Jens Lekman's music, but I Cobblered it and listened to his new one. It's great! Really smooth and relaxing, yet witty and always melodic. Like a meeting of Belle and Sebastian and Destroyer (specifically Kaputt).

Yeah, you really need to get Night Falls on Kortedala.

“Wasted Days” was the song of 2012 because it was 2012’s song.

I really like this line from the PopMatters review of Wasted Days. 2012 fucked me over big time, and this song definitely sums that up.

Here's Popmatters' first from their yearly Best Of lists.

The 75 Best Songs of 2012 | PopMatters

Cool #1 and 2 at least.

Props to them for repping Tay, but "Never Ever" is not even close to the best track on RED.

Did they only use singles when compiling that list?

Another example: "Love Interruption" is a good track, and was the lead single, but I'd take a handful of Blunderbuss tracks over it. Easily.

Hooray for lists!

I thought you might be happy about that, GAF. I agree that they made some odd choices from artists / albums that definitely deserved to be on the list though. I actually really like Love Interruption though.

Wild is fantastic. Irene is the best song on the album for me, though. That ending is absurdly good, especially live.

I'm not sure I see the point of these genre lists. What the hell do Swans and Beach House have in common?

I think I'm just irritated by PopMatters these days.

One nice thing about that list is that there are 3 albums (Metz, Divine Fits, and Moonface) that I haven't heard, so at least I have a listening agenda.

The lotus plaza is still nowhere as good as mikal says, but as far as thing that fall into the pleasantly listenable category, I'll take it over tame impala.

Back
Top Bottom