The Best of 2012 in Music: Albums, Songs, Shows, Lists, Discussions, Fun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it fine, but as you (the royal you) might (not) have noticed, it was not on my list. I was pleased with the chosen tracks for the most part, pleasant surprise there.

I found the Shins record to be pretty good but very unmemorable. Only one song really stood out to me.

Same here.

And that one song for me is "Simple Song." Easily one of my 2012 favorites. Song kicks ass. I might go back and give the album another try or two before the year's over.

It's Only Life or No Way Down didn't stand out to you guys? You have hurt me with your words.

I'm gonna listen to the album again tonight after all these basketball games are over.

And Modern Family.

I've heard Port of Morrow a few times and I like it a lot, but not anywhere near as much as their other work, and not enough to make my top 20.

Albums I really dug this year:

Beach House - Bloom
Shearwater - Animal Joy
Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
Bob Dylan - Tempest
Chromatics - Kill For Love
Alcest - Les Voyages de l'Ame
Caspian - Waking Season
Metric - Synthetica
Stars - The North
Tame Impala - Lonerism
JD McPherson - Signs & Signifiers
Lotus Plaza - Spooky Action at a Distance
Japandroids - Celebration Rock
Bloc Party - Four
Passion Pit - Gossamer
Jack White - Blunderbuss

No particular order there. I'll save that for the next thread.

Looking at that list, I can't help but be drawn to that bit about Howler.

Never heard of them before but America Give Up is a fucking awesome title. Probably gonna have to check them out purely because of that.

Also, the guy is wearing a Cubs hat! Yes!

hahahah, the NME used the phrase "Turner-worthy" to describe someone's lyric writing style.

It's a shit rag, but I do dig how much the NME loves my Arctic Monkeys.

:heart:

I'm in agreement with NME on the Grimes album. I had to let it play for a long time, but suddenly, I was all about it.

Also took Toy and Alt-J off their list and put it on my to check out list.

Looking at that list, I can't help but be drawn to that bit about Howler.

Never heard of them before but America Give Up is a fucking awesome title. Probably gonna have to check them out purely because of that.

Also, the guy is wearing a Cubs hat! Yes!

Looks like my local library has a copy of this. I'm going to check it out (literally).

No Fiona on mine. I tried to listen to the lead single off that (yet again) obnoxiously titled album and couldn't even finish it.

No Fiona on mine. I tried to listen to the lead single off that (yet again) obnoxiously titled album and couldn't even finish it.

I've never quite decided what was more annoying, her album titles or her voice. I've also never been able, even though I know it's rather unfair, to extricate her from that late 90s Lilith fair mess of dreadful pop folk irritation.

Back
Top Bottom