The Best of 2012 in Music: Albums, Songs, Shows, Lists, Discussions, Fun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You'd think it was a bad year for music or something, since we just spent about as many posts on a song from 1973 as there have been on any single album from this year.

Perhaps I'll go give baroness a try again.

This is all the motivation anyone needs to buy it :D

I wish I had seen exactly what it was I bought that made amazon recommend it to me, but I usually can't delete their email spam fast enough. It went on for several emails of "based one your purchase of..." though.

You'd think it was a bad year for music or something, since we just spent about as many posts on a song from 1973 as there have been on any single album from this year.

Perhaps I'll go give baroness a try again.

Other than Lonerism, I don't think any album has really had a cult around here. Whatever wins the year-end poll will be a surprise, except maybe that one.

:)

Good to see that I won't be the only person listing The Shins this year.

Yeah, I actually warmed up to the album quite a bit. I still only like about half the songs, but the ones I like are so good that it still makes the album worthwile.

I found the Shins record to be pretty good but very unmemorable. Only one song really stood out to me.

It's funny how many people think that's Stewart singing on the original.

I've won many a gentleman's bet on that one.

ckb4o.gif

It's funny how many people think that's Stewart singing on the original.

I've won many a gentleman's bet on that one.

Haha, I'm sure. I knew it wasn't because it doesn't sound like a drowning cat, but like I said, had no clue who it actually was.

Has anyone mentioned U222222222Z in this thread yet? Because I think we should mention it. I listened to it again today, and my Lordy, it's awesome.

Saw a 360 show from the last leg and thought it was one of the best I've ever seen. I doubt U22 will illuminate that experience further. Maybe I'll listen to it at some point before year's end, but I'm just so uninterested in live albums of any kind right now that I know it'll be underwhelming for me no matter what, which isn't fair to what is probably a great set.

I'm well aware of that, NSW, but those of us U2 fans who do frequent B&C were very high on U22222.

I haven't heard it. I don't know when the last time was that I listened to a live album. Probably Under A Blood Red Sky 6 months ago?

Back
Top Bottom