The Best of 2012 in Music: Albums, Songs, Shows, Lists, Discussions, Fun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mofo's had a musket pointed at me for years, for many reasons, but amongst them is the fact that i still have not heard port of morrow (i'm sure). but i've never been the best shins fan. i bought wincing when it came out, and i'm not even sure i ever listened to that more than once. kind of a far cry from when chutes came out and i played something off it pretty much every week on the radio cos, well, it was awesome.

I like it quite a bit, but I'm still a Shins fanatic. Everyone else seems to hate it, and honestly, I understand why and can't fault them for it.

Nice list, NSW. :up:

The ad that just popped up on the top of the thread was for Aerosmith's "Global Warming Tour".

I guess that means everyone on Earth should be working together to stop it as soon as possible?

Coming Around.

Shows how much I know though, looks like the whole album was a covers record. Please forget everything I said earlier, I'm a horse's petute.

heh, i actually listened to the fucking thing and didn't realize that. they didn't cover anything good. or if the original songs themselves were good, they didn't cover anything well. boring, pseudo-pop country bullshit.

The ad that just popped up on the top of the thread was for Aerosmith's "Global Warming Tour".

I guess that means everyone on Earth should be working together to stop it as soon as possible?

it's also al gore's fault, right?

oh, right. there was that cover of ooh la la on there. i think i managed to block that out. shit, i just had to go and remind myself...not like it was ever a favorite song of mine anyway. funny though, cos i was watching whatever that ronnie lane documentary on netflix was called, and i was trying to remember exactly what circumstance under which i had just heard that song recently. must have been that stupid counting crows record.

oh, right. there was that cover of ooh la la on there. i think i managed to block that out. shit, i just had to go and remind myself...not like it was ever a favorite song of mine anyway. funny though, cos i was watching whatever that ronnie lane documentary on netflix was called, and i was trying to remember exactly what circumstance under which i had just heard that song recently. must have been that stupid counting crows record.

So thankful I haven't been subjected to this, because Ooh La La IS one of my favorite songs.

I saw them when they toured for the first album, and they did NOT play Mr. Jones.

Respect for them went WAY up.

Most of crowd seemed enraged on way out.

Off the top of my head:

Tame Impala

Lotus Plaza

Jack White

Here We Go Magic

The Walkmen (finally listened to it)

The Shins

The Weeknd

Menomena

Stars

Ty Segall

Holy shit, Rod Stewart's version didn't come out until 1998? I remember that song from when I was much younger. I guess I knew the Faces version and never realized I was hearing two different versions...or something...

I'm gonna write a list later but I'm honestly coming around to just giving up and saying that Channel Orange is my number one. I've gotten sick of some albums over the course of the year but that just keeps sounding better.

I haven't heard that one yet. I've almost bought it a couple times, but then realized I've not heard a thing from it.

I hardly made it through the first two songs. So yeah, since I couldn't stand it, you'll probably love it.

Holy shit, Rod Stewart's version didn't come out until 1998? I remember that song from when I was much younger. I guess I knew the Faces version and never realized I was hearing two different versions...or something...

I was not aware of that, either. Just as wiki had to tell me that Ronnie Wood was singing the version of the song I actually like (I just knew it wasn't Stewart, and that's all that mattered). But then there's a lot of things I didn't know when I was younger that I know now. I wish it not the case, but...see what I tried to do there?

Back
Top Bottom