The Best of 2012 in Music: Albums, Songs, Shows, Lists, Discussions, Fun!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've seen it mentioned, positively. But I don't know what it is, though.

You guys are over hyping my hype for Lotus Plaza. It's not even my #1 album this year. It's still a fantastic album though.

I mentioned the Santigold album on my preliminary list in this thread. It's very likely to make my top 10.

It was incredibly popular / hyped in Europe, right? I tried to listen to it once, and couldn't make it through the first few songs. May have not been in the right mood.

Their description of Exitmusic sounds fantastic, yet I have not seen another positive review for it anywhere.

Listening to the Frank Ocean record for the first time right now. Just got it in the mail last night. It might sneak its way into my year end top 10. It's got some really strong songs.

I liked Alt-J when I gave them a listen, but Spotify doesn't have the interlude tracks between songs so I know I missed out on the feel of the album as a whole.

That's good to know, nielsgov. I'll definitely be listening to that album again.

Just now making my way through the new Deftones album, Koi No Yokan. Immediately likeable and accessible. Another sexy album from them. :drool: Looks like I'll be going to the record store to pick it up tonight after yoga.

the deftones are still around?

when do we get to make the upcoming 2013 releases we're psyched about thread? cos this new terror song is sick (and working wonders on drowning out the persistent ringing in my ears that was keeping me from getting some sleep), and i swear i saw some rumblings somewhere about new streetlight manifesto. plus, i need a place to rant about how much i hate what has become of the dropkick murphys.

i don't think i've heard a deftones album since white pony. :uhoh: was never a huge fan, but it always seemed that they were better than a lot of the other bands that they were lumped in with around that time.

I like the new Deftones. Might even end up on my list. Its the only album of theirs I have.

Must admit I don't find the new Deftones album as interesting as Diamond Eyes. It's pretty good, but gets a bit repetitive. That said, it'll scrape onto my year-end list somewhere.

I'm pretty sure the last Deftones album I heard was White Pony as well. I liked it alright.

So, Deftones had one of my absolute favorite album covers last year, but I was told they were a metal band and stayed away. Now I'm hearing that's not the case? Maybe I should just find out on my own and not be such a lazy bitch.

So, Deftones had one of my absolute favorite album covers last year, but I was told they were a metal band and stayed away. Now I'm hearing that's not the case? Maybe I should just find out on my own and not be such a lazy bitch.

crazydog.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom