The best live albums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1hfjhg.jpg

highway_song_live.jpg

Thin_Lizzy_-_Live_and_Dangerous.jpg

Metallica-SM-160544.jpg

ef84re2.jpg

yessongs.jpg

mij.jpg

any Frank Zappa live album, prolly You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. II being the best
though I might prefer Make a Jazz Noise Here

Townes van Zandt Live at the Old Quarter, Texas is incredible as are of course Cash live at Folsom Prison and San Quentin albums

and I actually think Fleetwood Mac's The Dance is great

No serious record collection is complete without Live At The Lyceum by Bob Marley.
51wUwBBpwCL._SS500_.jpg

One of my favourite live albums is My Flame Burns Blue by Elvis Costello:
51EJoLQ7iUL._SS500_.jpg

Not a single mention of this?

DropkickMurphys-LiveOnStPat.jpg

i thought i did when i was talking about live albums taken from several shows. that one does it relatively well. there's only one place i can think of on there, i want to say somewhere around where "barroom hero" falls in the track list, where the flow is a little choppy. but for the most part, that album is a perfect representation of their live shows at the time. if only they were still that much fun live...

hall and oats live at the apollo was always a personal favorite.. Neil diamond live at the greek. thin lizzy live and dangerous. david bowie's 50th bday show.

How has no one yet mentioned the 66' Dylan bootleg? That's right up top.

I've got a bootleg a DJ gave me years ago that's Dylan's...it's a white album cover. I don't have anything to play it on now to see what it is, the label on the vinyl doesn't indicate what's on the LP. I've often wondered if it might be a collector's item and how much it might be worth. I should really look into that.

These Unplugged albums shouldn't be overlooked. Unplugged was arguably the best thing MTV ever did.

album-Nirvana-MTV-Unplugged-in-New-York.jpg

AIC_Unplugged.jpg

And, as mentioned before, Metallica's S&M is awesome, and Sarah McLachlan's Mirrorball is gorgeous.

How much do they pay you?:wink:

Unfortunately nothing, but i have 2 great passions in life and they are Simple Minds and U2. Both are equally as good as each other, but in my opinion, Live In The City Of Light would absolutley piss over Rattle And Hum for instance, and when it was released in 1987 it was the fastest selling live album of all time.

Back
Top Bottom