The Best Albums of 2014 According to 19 People on a U2 Sub-Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3. U2 - Songs of Innocence (101 / 11)
IMAGE BANNED AS IT IS PAEDOPHILIC
p4k score - 4.6

“If not liking the photo means your homophobic - then sign me up” - AEON

“A woman can’t be raped by a wolf...or wolves. Rape is an act of violence against a woman.” - stray dog

“I worked for a Finnish Hydroelectric Power Company in Leppiniemi, Finland in the summer of 1983. All of the young Finns I met there were raving about U2, and were surprised and disappointed that I (an Irishman from Dublin) didn't know their music.” - Mount Temple

Agreed. My last few votes were all albums I didn't care all that much for and will likely never revisit and SoI still didn't make it.

That's so awesome. Really good album. My only issue with it is that my top 3 songs are Crystal Ballroom, Reach Around, and Invisible and two of those are not on the album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. My last few votes were all albums I didn't care all that much for and will likely never revisit and SoI still didn't make it.

It's an adequate album, certainly better than other recent efforts, but I never even considered it for a place in my top fifty and I have had no desire to hear it in full since the week it dropped.

Can't wait for how hilarious SOI's placement is going to look with a few years' hindsight.

2. Spoon - They Want My Soul (109 / 13)
homepage_large.767bdf78.jpg

p4k score - 8.6

"I like it." - u2popmofo

“Can’t fight the moonlight, nooooo” - cobl04

“I can understand the occasional use on guitar and the cool way the tubes in the amp glow orange and blue and dim each time a chord is struck as the amp tries to put out volume at a setting of 11. But use it judiciously as Jimi and Jeff had for years. But to apply this distortion to the kick drum, cymbals, bass voice and keyboards is too much. The opening song includes distortion everywhere and volume up at 11 for all the instruments. When it ends you think that was different now on to more tasteful tunes like Spoon of old.” - Mount Temple

I'm very happy with that. Probably the album I listened to most. Just an album full of great rock songs, and sometimes that's all you need. Didn't really rack up a lot of big votes but as you can see was voted for by all but six people, just kept racking up votes.

But there can only be one winner. 135 albums were voted for in this contest, but the most popular - and it wasn't even close - was...

1. The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream (185 / 15)
homepage_large.9419e472.jpg

p4k score - 8.8

“Albums that sound bang-up great the first listen are rubbish” - KierXn McConville

“Did you really just use a smiley? How drunk are you right now?!” - cobl04

“It has a promise in the delivery; the horns, synths, strummed acoustics give you the feeling that it’s “Morning In America” once again. But listen a little closer and Granduciel tells a different story. Words are more personally apocalyptic. This is “Morning In America” for the latchkey kids and the lost souls, not the affluent and gated community members.” - Mount Temple

I'm so out of the loop, I don't remember hearing a song by either of the top two.

Because of this thread and partially the wine I'm enjoying tonight (will stick to less than a bottle) I am listening to The War On Drugs right now.

I wanna listen to it too but I left my fuckin earphones at home and I don't wanna be THAT bogan who plays his music up loud on the train home.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Good work pulling this all together, Cobblesticks

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Blah blah, God this is so fucking boring. Glad it's over with. Hopefully none of you will be inconvenienced by U2 releasing an album again any time soon so you all can find something else to bitch and moan about. Holy shit.

SOI was good. I actually listened to half of it after listening to War on Drugs, but for some reason I had a urge to listen to Soundgarden Superunknown (probably wine).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom