The Bends is a damned beautiful album!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
While driving home tonight from the pub I listened to the better part of The Bends again. This album strikes me again and again. What a wonderful piece of music from one of the best bands around.....

sorry just had to write that....:|

ya it is great, but you know, if it didnt have fake plastic trees, i bet it would fall into third place behind ok computer and kid a for me...

all i know is ok computer is my fav, and the bends and kid are right behind it.

no need to rank them though, man am i dumb.

Zoomerang96 said:
ya it is great, but you know, if it didnt have fake plastic trees, i bet it would fall into third place behind ok computer and kid a for me...

all i know is ok computer is my fav, and the bends and kid are right behind it.

no need to rank them though, man am i dumb.

Thats funny, Fake Plastic Trees is the only song I regularly skip on this album, its not a bad song, Im just sick of it.

:|

its my favourite Radiohead album too. Though I have listened to the last 2 on the advice of some others here, I thought they were pretty good, but maybe a bit patchy, or else too weird for me.

I love the bends though, especially High and Dry, and Just :) but they're all great tracks.

Always a very beautiful and moving album..has such a melancholic spirit to it which captures a time and place for many...Fake Plastic Trees, (nice dream), Bullet Proof, Street Spirit, Black Star...so many gems

hey elvis, great signature! i almost put a picture of that guy on my homemade radiohead shirt that i made last year!

oh, and your minotaur isnt bad either... :sexywink:

Zoomerang96 said:
hey elvis, great signature! i almost put a picture of that guy on my homemade radiohead shirt that i made last year!

oh, and your minotaur isnt bad either... :sexywink:

yeah, thats the disturbed news reader.......:|

elvis, what can i say? your a good man. me and you are gonna be buddies. BUDDIES!!! BUDDIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

:angry:

Zoomerang96 said:
elvis, what can i say? your a good man. me and you are gonna be buddies. BUDDIES!!! BUDDIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

:angry:

ok, will you help me kidnap sicy's cat then??......wait, she might see this....damn

:|

the bends is also my fav radiohead album...followed by OKC & KidA..

street spirit is my fav song..

sulk is excellent

bulletproof is superb..

iron lung is excellent

my current favorite is SULK...

fake is one of the best radiohead songs.

all songs of the album are good..

AcrobatMan

I read an interview with Justin Timberlake yesterday (I was bored, sue me) and even though he loves The Bends a lot he prefers Kid A and Amnesiac

the rest of the interview also wasn't really interesting

Salome said:
I read an interview with Justin Timberlake yesterday (I was bored, sue me) and even though he loves The Bends a lot he prefers Kid A and Amnesiac

ya, i heard this too.

ah well, personally i think timberlake is way better than he gets credit for. i mean, i just saw people praising puddle of mud and train, so i can definately say i feel he has more talent than they do.

i heard britney spears wanted to do a live cover of fake plastic trees. if she would, i would kill her.

Salome said:

I don't believe that for a second. (I believe that you read it; I don't believe he's telling the truth). He probably said it because one of his managers listens to them or something and he figured he'd namedrop for some recognition.

There is NO WAY in the laws of nature and the known universe justin fucking timberlake sits home and listens to pyramid song and actually digs it.

NO FUCKING WAY.:rolleyes:

Zoomerang96 said:

ya, i heard this too.

ah well, personally i think timberlake is way better than he gets credit for. i mean, i just saw people praising puddle of mud and train, so i can definately say i feel he has more talent than they do.

i heard britney spears wanted to do a live cover of fake plastic trees. if she would, i would kill her.

man.....there would never be a better example of irony than that.

hey jofo, thats what everyone was saying at ateaseweb.com recently, the irony bit.

please dont get me wrong, im not a fan of timberlake, i just think hes better than these "rock groups" on the radio these days.

bon jovi? why dont you shove a thumb up your ass and let me kick you in the junk. at least that would sound original and inspired.

JOFO said:
There is NO WAY in the laws of nature and the known universe justin fucking timberlake sits home and listens to pyramid song and actually digs it.
well, he even mentioned at one point that he felt that the interviewer was testing his knowledge about Radiohead, because he is aware that people will think of it as namedropping

apparently he really is a fan of the band though
and also Coldplay

Salome said:
well, he even mentioned at one point that he felt that the interviewer was testing his knowledge about Radiohead, because he is aware that people will think of it as namedropping

apparently he really is a fan of the band though
and also Coldplay

:| :scratch:

I love it. MTV2 has been playing Radiohead videos lately. Or maybe they always do--I only got it recently and actually starting watching it. I saw "Karma Police" twice within a couple of days, which seemed odd to me.

AcrobatMan said:
my current favorite is SULK...

It took me a long time to really connect and appreciate Sulk..for a fair while it was just an enjoyable bridge between Black Star and Street Spirit and I've only begun to connect with it much better on its own in recent weeks..

..with regards to celebrity fans..I remember Wes Borlan sported the Radiohead logo on his shirt during the Limp Biskit/POM rendition of Wish You Were Here during one of the 9/11 tribute shows...was a little suprise

Back
Top Bottom