The Bends is a damned beautiful album!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As true today as it was in times past, Zootsuit.

I was playing the so called "Rock Band" game with my so called "friends" and they did not want to perform "My Iron Lung" because they "hadn't heard it". Who are my real friends, indeed. INDEED.

:wave:

Much rocking will be had soon......

I love Nice Dream and Just. Just is one of my fave tracks by the Radioheaders. Very 90's rock and roll. In a good way. And that's too bad that Street Spirit hasn't clicked for you yet. Hopefully it will. Immerse your soul in love.

The thread title is correct...the album is damned beautiful.

And I know Laz seems to have a special hatred for My Iron Lung, but I still love that song. I think it's the don't-give-a-fuck lyrics that do it for me. "This, this is our new song. Just like the last one. A total waste of time..."

Yeah I think one day I'll probably click with it... though from what I've heard, maybe I don't want to :yikes:

This is why I'm really getting into Radiohead. Music with substance. Lyrics to Fake Plastic Trees are in my diary, I translated lyrics from Black Star into Italian in Italian cos I was bored, The Bends is constantly going through my head.

My Iron Lung, I don't understand how you couldn't like it. The sound that (who's the guitarist?? :lol: ) gets on that riff is kick ass. The vocals rock, especially the lead-in, when he sings My Irrrooon Luuuuungg.... Awesome song!

You better not leave me high and dry on this.

I bet you think that's pretty clever.

COBL did you watch that Street Spirit video xavi posted a few pages back(or was it another thread)? Because you need to. Of course you're entitled to your opinion but your opinion doesn't have to be so wrong. :wink:

COBL, why don't you like Street Spirit again? How can anybody not like that song??? It's so melodic and beautiful! :heart:

The main riff, the one that starts the song.

Don't get me wrong, I do think it's a good song, I just don't hold it in the high regard that everyone else seems to.

My problem with Street Spirit, I don't know, it just seems a little dated to me. Mind you, I didn't hear the song in 2004, which might be an important factor.

The whole idea of "fading out", has been over done in alternative music lyricism IMVHO. Seems a little lightweight for someone like Radiohead.

Lyricially overall, it's pretty cool though. Wouldn't wanna hear it when they do a show in Melbourne though, so many other tunes I'd rather hear which are of a similar mood (Cymbal Rush, Tourist, Pyramid Song)

Lyricially overall, it's pretty cool though. Wouldn't wanna hear it when they do a show in Melbourne though, so many other tunes I'd rather hear which are of a similar mood (Cymbal Rush, Tourist, Pyramid Song)

:yes:

I'd probably rather Tourist as well, though that Glastonbury performance did stick in my head for a few hours. :yes:

Hopefully the show doesn't lag when they come... :pray:

I didn't "get" Radiohead for a very long time. This is the album that finally made me appreciate them.

Fake Plastic Trees is one of the most gorgeous songs I've ever heard. And Just is my personal theme song:
You do it to yourself
And that's what really hurts
You do it to yourself
Just you and no one else
You do it to yourself...

Street Spirit is my favourite Radiohead songs, it just gives me chills and I think it's one of the best album closers ever by anyone.

The Bends is my favorite Radiohead album. More consistent than OK Computer and has more firepower than In Rainbows.

Whyyyyyy soooooo greeeeeeeeeeeeen and lonelyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lonelyyyyyyyyyyyyyy loooooooooonelyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Wrong album I know. But it fits. :|

I rank it third behind In Rainbows and OK Computer. Which are by far my three favorite RH albums.

Back
Top Bottom