The Bends is a damned beautiful album!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HeadsOnSticks said:

That's OK. It pleases me to no end that you actually tried it. :lmao:

I'll try pretty much anything atleast once. Except for castration, I steer clear of that.

that's probably a good move on your part.

you bite through the big wall
the big wall bites back
you sit there and sulk
sit there and bawl
you are so pretty
when you're on your knees
disinfected and eager to please
sometimes you sulk
sometimes you burn
god rest your soul when the loving comes and we've already gone
just like your dad
you'll never change
each time it comes it eats me alive
i try to behave but it eats me alive
so i declare a holiday
fall asleep drift away
sometimes you sulk
sometimes you burn
god rest your soul when the loving comes and we've already gone
just like your dad
you'll never change

The bends is god. Amazing album. it's been my fav radiohead album ... and one of my favourite all time albums, for a long time. I'm starting to get a newfound appreciation for OK Computer these days. so they might have to have some crazy ninja style showdown (or hodown) at some point.

should be interesting.

Yes i have. big fan c'est moi.

and i just bought the bends for my girlfriend.. kinda risky getting her something I like and not her, but hopefully she won't punch me. I mean she's heard several songs from it on various compilation cds i've made her and seems to like them.

is it really?
I have noticed it on display for the past couple of weeks in town. Only $15...new and all:faint:
I remember hearing/seeing "fake plastic trees" late on night on Rage a looonnggg time ago and thinking how beautiful it was.
:idea: almost Christmas shopping time...I've been good:D

My previous comments on this page were quite disturbing. I apologize for my actions 6 months ago.

'The Bends' is probably Radiohead's best 'rock' album (I'm not sure if you can count 'Ok Computer as a straight ahead "rock" album), and Radiohead is probably my favorite group right now. So yes, I do indeed likie 'The Bends'

u2popmofo said:
My previous comments on this page were quite disturbing. I apologize for my actions 6 months ago.

'The Bends' is probably Radiohead's best 'rock' album (I'm not sure if you can count 'Ok Computer as a straight ahead "rock" album), and Radiohead is probably my favorite group right now. So yes, I do indeed likie 'The Bends'

youre all growns up now mofo, Thom and Jonny dont mind

the bends is great and even though i really looove fake plastic trees i do think street spirit is the better song. ah well, opinions eh. in a whole not my fav radiohead album, that honor goes to hail to the thief.

Gotta love The Bends. Street Spirit is phenomenal.

faaaaaaaaade ouuuuuuuuuuut againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:heart:

They love me like I was a brother
They protect me, listen to me
They dug me my very own garden
Gave me sunshine, made me happy

Nice dream, nice dream, nice dream

I call up my friend, the good angel
But she's out with her ansaphone
She says she would love to come help but
The sea would electrocute us all

Pablo Honey is OK

The Bends is GREAT

OK Computer is GREAT

[I love Bends and Computer equally. My two favourite albuns]

Kid A is OK

Amnesiac and Hail to The Thief = Radiohead has started becoming mediocre. There are a few great songs here but no great album. They?re ok but still there are bad songs on them: Pull Revolving Doors, Knives Out (I hate it), Sail to the Moon, The Gloaming, I Will...

If the critics stop inflating their ego maybe they would come down of the clouds of alien music (which is pop, lyrically) and return to be a great band, cos I want Radiohead to rock, not to "change forever". I?m tired of those beeps beep.

How To Disagree Completely:

FelipeVox said:

Amnesiac and Hail to The Thief = Radiohead has started becoming mediocre. There are a few great songs here but no great album. They?re ok but still there are bad songs on them: Pull Revolving Doors, Knives Out (I hate it), Sail to the Moon, The Gloaming, I Will...

If the critics stop inflating their ego maybe they would come down of the clouds of alien music (which is pop, lyrically) and return to be a great band, cos I want Radiohead to rock, not to "change forever". I?m tired of those beeps beep.

:wink:

They're the ones who'll hate you
When you think you've got the world all sussed out
They're the ones who'll spit at you,
You will be the one screaming out

Elvis Presley said:
While driving home tonight from the pub I listened to the better part of The Bends again. This album strikes me again and again. What a wonderful piece of music from one of the best bands around.....

sorry just had to write that....:|

I have to mention, I remember that night still. It was late, and snowy. The large flakes fell on my winshield as Black Star seeped from my car speakers.

One more beer and I may have been moved to tears by the time Street Spirit came around a few tracks later, but i knew my limit. I was half tempted to keep driving as I reached my home that night. It just seemed right.

I still think of The Bends on dark winter nights.

Hey, question for you Radioheaders.

In the video for Just, what do you think the guy on the ground says at the end? Have any of the bandmembers said anything or is it all left up to the imagination? I love that video.

The Bends is great. I still don't understand why people think OK Comp was better. It's good, but it's not Bends good...

TheFly7 said:
Hey, question for you Radioheaders.

In the video for Just, what do you think the guy on the ground says at the end? Have any of the bandmembers said anything or is it all left up to the imagination?

I bet/know he said, "Who is better, Radiohead or Radiohead?" And it blew all of their minds and stuff, because it is the most deep and complicated question mankind has ever asked.

damn there are people here who I've not seen in the better part of a year

and it's been 10 years or so since the album was released

an enduring classic, eh?

(mofo has the best replies in this thread)

Back
Top Bottom