The Bends is a damned beautiful album!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking the same thing :lol:.

When Travis and I saw Radiohead a few years back, I was so sick. I kept falling asleep during the show because I was really feeling weak and terrible. We had checked out a few setlists and saw that they weren't playing anything from The Bends and at the time, it was still the only album of theirs I liked a ton (that's changed), so I kinda checked out a bit. Towards the end I was really losing my ability to focus, so when "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" started, I had this really confused reaction, completely incapable of placing what it was. Travis started shaking me by the shoulder and just yelling "STREET SPIRIT" at me until it finally clicked. That was one of my favorite concert moments. The show was really great in general, I wish I'd been feeling even 20% better than I was that night.

It really was spectacular. Some of the best shows happen in shit weather. That night was like the legendary Red Rocks, cold and wet, only more extreme. People were passing out in GA. It was nearly impossible to get out of there because the venue parking lot was dirt and gravel and there were several road closures.

What a fucking disaster:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1045391/radiohead-fans-up-in-arms-over-virginia-concert

On the other hand, if you did manage to get in, wow:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2008/nissan-pavilion-bristow-va-bd60dee.html

It was more than worth it for Fake Plastic Trees, Planet Telex, In Rainbows in its entirety(!), Like Spinning Plates and so on.

Last edited:
I didn't realize they played every song. Plus Bangers & Mash and Go Slowly.

And don't forget Lucky, a fitting title for that setlist.

And Pyramid Song.

And Mxyomatosis.

I love KoL as it is, but replacing Feral with The Butcher and maybe Magpie with Staircase makes it significantly better, in my opinion.

This is actually my custom KoL playlist, and it's fucking fantastic. Magpie is the only song I don't like on KoL, and Feral is nothing more than a dispensable transition piece on the album (even though it's a beast live).

I don't think Radiohead could play a disappointing setlist for me. Maybe if they'd play all of Pablo Honey. Though of course I wouldn't mind seeing a few more 90's classic if I manage to see them agan. The only ones we got were Airbag, Paranoid Android and Karma Police.

I deliberately added the (properly) to goad you.

I've heard the older live versions. They're great but not nearly as good as the more recent, more faithful versions if you ask me.

Yeah, because "more faithful" is necessarily a good thing when it comes to live Radiohead.

Like say, Like Spinning Plates. Or Everything in Its Right Place. Or basically any Kid A song.

It is definitely a good thing when it comes to Kid A. I fell in love with the electronics and the vocoder, that's what I want to hear live.

The live version of Like Spinning Plates is so far superior to the album version it's ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom