The Beatles Remastered - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought the remaster, along with all the others, so that I got all the $5 Target gift cards.

Then I realized there was no need to keep it, since I had the Songtrack version already, so I returned it. Got to keep the $5 GC, too.

Your sneaky trick won't escape Utahian justice.

I think they will release a remixed version of all the albums eventually, I mean they have separate stems of all the tracks (Even if not used in the remasters, they were used for the Rock Band game) so the only thing we need to do is have someone remix them in a couple of years so they can make more money off of us

Even with no remixing I can't get over how good they all sound, I've only to listen to let it be from all the studio albums and each one of them has sounded great. Yellow Submarine though shall quickly be forgotten though...

Back in 1999, when they re-released the film, it was decided to remix all the songs that appeared in Yellow Submarine as a new CD release.

The remixes fix a lot of the vocal panning that plagues many of the songs, where the lead vocal is only heard on one side. For many of the tracks, it is a tremendous improvement over the original stereo mixes.

Here's a link that is very informative and goes into extensive detail.

George Graham Reviews The Beatles' "Yellow Submarine" Songtrack

Thank you! In news, my Mono set is due to arrive on...October 23. Oy. Better late than never, I suppose.

This is going to be an unpopular opinion...

As much as I love most of the actual albums and will never stop listening to them, I think I find LOVE a more fun listen than any of them.

I look at love the way I look at Girl Talk's Feed the Animals. It was fun and quirky back in 2008 but mash-ups have jumped the shark.

I think the one I'll catch the most crap for including is "Junk." Sure, it's a pretty throwaway McCartney tune and it ended up on his first solo album, but I think it's almost beautiful in its simplicity. It's nostalgic and romantic without being overly saccharine, which always risks happening with most McCartney tracks.

no crap from me. agree completely about that song.

So I finally buckled and bought:

DSCN0354.jpg

DSCN0355.jpg

DSCN0356.jpg

DSCN0358.jpg

DSCN0357.jpg

The improved sound and the really nice, high quality glossy liner notes are blowing my mind right now.

Nice to see the booklet is the same one as the vinyl.

Did you ever watch the Magical Mystery Tour movie, Laz? If so, how was it?

You and me both. I might buy Hard Day's Night next time I see it at a decent price.

i didn't care one way or the other about mmt the movie when i was a kid, but that's because when i was a kid i would have been more than happy to strike anyone dead if they spoke ill of anything beatles. i think i just said it was alright back then to save myself from such a fate. now, i think it's nothing more than a bunch of crap. maybe part of that was the incredibly poor quality dvd when i watched it again a year or so ago, but i think it had something more to do with the fact that it's horrible, lame, psychedellic plot-less bullshit.

a hard day's night and help are still great, though.

Hopefully you don't have another Merriweather Post Pavilion situation on your hands.

I received Beatles Rock Band as a present last week, have not tried it yet.

Apparently Rubber Soul was available for download on it as of today.

How much does one have to pay for the additional album releases? And where are they stored?

Are you on the XBox/PS3 or Wii? Xbox/PS3 are saved to hard drive, Wii is saved to SD cards or whatever you call them

Xbox/PS3
Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Oh! Darling, Because 160 Microsoft Points or 1.99 each
Full Album Download (Including You Never Give Me Your Money, Sun King/Mean Mr Mustard, Polythene Pam/She Came In Through the Bathroom Window, Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End, Her Majesty) Also includes all of medley as one 17 minute long playable track with no gaps $16.99 or 1360 MSP

Wii
Maxwell's Silver Hammer, Oh! Darling, Because, You Never Give Me Your Money 200 Wii Points each
Sun King/Mean Mr Mustard, Polythene Pam/She Came in Through the Bathroom Window, Golden Slumbers/Carry that Weight/The End; 350 Wii Points each
Her Majesty 100 Wii points each

I have a Wii. Do I have to blow a cartoon character or something to get points? How does that work?

I don't know I just stole them for the press release, I assumed the Wii had its own currency like Xbox. 100 Wii points is apparently a dollar

$2 a song? Is that worth it? Hmm.

The cool thing about that is you can avoid McCartney tripe like Maxwell's and Honey Pie and just pay for the good stuff.

$2 a song? Is that worth it? Hmm.

The cool thing about that is you can avoid McCartney tripe like Maxwell's and Honey Pie and just pay for the good stuff.

Because has an awesome dreamscape, I screwed up on bass first time playing it because I got distracted

Polythene Pam/She Came In Through the Bathroom Window and Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End are both really fun to play too seeing as the Wii can't play the full 17 minute medley in one go, those are probably my favourite to play

Back
Top Bottom