The Beatles Remastered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if we've moved onto Wet It, Bleed:

Two of Them
Maggie May (But I Definitely Will)

and the sentimental recollection of Lance's Mom's college years, Fuck 'cross the University.

I think my Remasters arrive on the morrow.

Is my plan a good one? To not listen to them until my big road trip from Chicago to the Bay Area? I'm taking a long/scenic route, so there will be a need for a lot of music....seems like it might be cool to debut these jim-jams on the road.

Thoughts, motherfuckers?

I don't see why you can't simply do both. An initial listening of each one when they arrive would be sufficient, and then you can listen to them again on your trip. It's not like you'll get sick of them or anything. It's the fucking Beatles.

I don't see why you can't simply do both. An initial listening of each one when they arrive would be sufficient, and then you can listen to them again on your trip. It's not like you'll get sick of them or anything. It's the fucking Beatles.

There's something about listening to something for the first time when I'm traveling that brings me joy. I've been this way forever. But, for most normal people, this is a valid point.

You're just talking about the remasters? It's not exactly like you'll be "listening to them for the first time" if you know what I mean, right? Plus, I'm curious if you have a significantly better audio set up at home, because if so, I know I'd want my first listen to the discs to be through the best gear I could find.

Which just made me realize... if I picked up a couple of these I could take them down to the recording studio and listen to them on the studio monitors :ohmy:

But is that more for new music? Cuz let's face it - while these will sound better than we've ever heard them, in the end they are the same songs you've heard countless times before.

True, but to be honest, I've not listened to a Beatles album in a very long time.

You're just talking about the remasters? It's not exactly like you'll be "listening to them for the first time" if you know what I mean, right? Plus, I'm curious if you have a significantly better audio set up at home, because if so, I know I'd want my first listen to the discs to be through the best gear I could find.

Which just made me realize... if I picked up a couple of these I could take them down to the recording studio and listen to them on the studio monitors :ohmy:

Remasters, yes. I mean, good point, yeah, not anywhere near a first listen, agreed. But my home audio set up does suck balls.

Transaction update.

Went to Target this morning before work. Showed up around 9:30. Everything worked perfectly. Bought the 12 single discs for $144, then bought the two doubles separately, used all the GCs, and paid another $4 after, for a grand total of $148, plus one $5 GC still left. The doubles were on sale for $17 each, the singles for $12.

A warning, though. They were almost out of certain titles. Only two copies of Past Masters when I got there, and they were running very low on quite a few other titles. They did, however, have tons of Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper's, and the white album.

Transaction update.

Went to Target this morning before work. Showed up around 9:30. Everything worked perfectly. Bought the 12 single discs for $144, then bought the two doubles separately, used all the GCs, and paid another $4 after, for a grand total of $148, plus one $5 GC still left. The doubles were on sale for $17 each, the singles for $12.

A warning, though. They were almost out of certain titles. Only two copies of Past Masters when I got there, and they were running very low on quite a few other titles. They did, however, have tons of Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper's, and the white album.

Good to know, thanks. I'm heading out there after my class at 11am. I think I'll pick up as many as I can, but I won't be too torn up if the earlier titles aren't there.

Transaction update.

Congrats!

Yeah, I did the same thing. Worked smashingly. Also, Amazon now has mono boxes in stock. Ordered mine, a few hours ago. I am now poor and accepting donations.

I need to truly understand the difference between the mono/stereo versions to think about buying that set.

Picked up Magical Mystery Tour today. Almost double-dipped with Let It Be, but decided to nix that and try and find a used copy of Let It Be... Naked somewhere around town.

Abbey Road, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, The White Album, The Past Masters, and Rubber Soul discs have been confirmed for Christmas.

Abbey Road, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, The White Album, The Past Masters, and Rubber Soul discs have been confirmed for Christmas.

I'm confused...they're confirmed for today, no? What exactly do you mean? I think I missed something, so I'm sorry about that.

Confirmed or confirmed rumor?

Confirmed, honky.

It's pretty straighforwards--it's everything the band released in mono in, well, mono.

Amazon.com: The Beatles Mono Box Set: The Beatles: Music

Monaural - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google

I understand that, just the difference in listening to a mono version vs. a stereo version.

I'm confused...they're confirmed for today, no? What exactly do you mean? I think I missed something, so I'm sorry about that.

Oh, I meant for me. My mom's picking them up today and saving them for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom