The Beatles Remastered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks. Those pies taste like sweat and despair.

I've rocked "Prudence" three times now. Bliss.

You know you want it.

How about a club sandwich with you in the middle?

launch-dropoutdjs.jpg

The pics are up, the site is blue
It's pitiful, and so are you
Dear PHEBH, won't you all go away

Were you the first one to drop that image? A classic 'cock moment.

We should probably make a list of the ten best. One day someone needs to trawl through the entire epic and pick out the highlights.

I don't think so. It may have been Scumbo.

A top ten? I'm game. But that's a lot of goodness to sift through.

You're certainly not the only one.

Maybe we could divide up the search by parts and nominate some from each installment.

I like that. Just another time when it's not three in the morning. And we need to pinpoint exactly where things tapered off. Part XIII is probably accurate.

That's why the tags are there. Easier than Our Lady of Ill Repute.

At this point, I'm probably more excited about hearing Magical Mystery Tour than anything else remaining. Although "Dig a Pony" is going to get me bouncing off the walls.

Speaking of which

That's why the tags are there. Easier than Our Lady of Ill Repute.

At this point, I'm probably more excited about hearing Magical Mystery Tour than anything else remaining. Although "Dig a Pony" is going to get me bouncing off the walls.

Dig a Pony is actually my favorite song on Let It Be.

Dig a Pony is actually my favorite song on Let It Be.

Likewise, but only because the Past Masters version of "Across the Universe" is better than the album one.

Well, shit. That was pretty damn solid for what seemed to be an off the cuff cover. Good for her. Talented girl.

She's been playing it for a while. Only once of the three times I've seen her, though. That was at the ACL taping, so be on the lookout.

Dan, look, at the end of the day, I really don't care who steals what, especially from the music industry. I'm more playing devil's advocate here than anything else.

It's just hard for me to listen to arguments that make it seem like people have no alternative but to steal music in the name of listening to music. I am completely aware that it's the wild fucking west out there with music and a broke 18 year old that loves music is going to love donwloading a free album in 2 minutes. Were I in your shoes, I'd probably be doing the same exact shit.

I'd just do like Oneblood, though, and admit to stealing it and would not pretend like I had some sort of claim on the music just because I can garner it with little to no effort.

I never said it wasn't stealing, I was just explaining my outlook. It's absolutely stealing, I completely acknowledge that.

I didn't steal things back then just cos I wanted it and because it was easy. That's all I'm saying. I mean, you can justify it all you like, but it's not like you're stealing bread cos you'll starve otherwise.

And I have a job for another 3 weeks, and then I go back to school, and trust me when I tell you that I'll not be stealing anything during that time period.

Sometimes I go all Robin Hood and DL shit for free from people I don't like....but not often. I think the last thing I DL'd for free was In Rainbows, but that was more for lazy/ironic purposes. I did used to torrent TV shows that weren't available in the US. Does that count?

I plan on purchasing* Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt Peppers, The Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album, Letter B and Abbey Road for sure.

I'm on the fence about the rest...

* That means BUY them with MONEY, NSW - don't worry....

I'd like to throw in some of my thoughts on the whole downloading thing.

Personally yeah I know it's stealing I'm not gonna deny it, but I'm gonna do it anyway. Why? Because it's so easy...and well it's free. I own a lot of music more than my parents, more than anyone I know in person. I'm 19 and don't have a lot of money but music is one of the things that I spend the majority of my money on, throw in Rock Band (and songs I download for that) and exclude my yearly trip to Canada and music makes up a large percentage of all the money I spend.

When I was 16-17 I lost 30 pounds in one year because I stopped eating lunch so that I could save money to buy more cds. That was the peak of my music obsession, what happened? I ended up spending so much money on cds that just turned out to suck. So I ended up deciding to download a lot more stuff before I buy them, especially new albums (not so much old ones). I still buy a lot but I'm not gonna deny that I steal. But honestly if I didn't steal I would have needed up cutting down on my album purchases a lot more than I did.

As for movies, yeah I download them too about 1 or 2 every couple of months, because honestly I really don't care about movies that much.

For games, I'd never really dream of downloading new ones really. If I want a new pc game I might download it first to see if it will work on my laptop rather than waste my money. I've downloaded a lot of old ones though, I know it's stealing but seriously I'm not gonna buy a NES to play the original Final Fantasy for one hour until I'm bored.

I'm gonna be getting the Beatles Box Set after it comes out either when Amazon.co.uk lowers it's price or it goes back up on amazon.com. I'll be buying the Beatles Rock Band the day it comes out and I'll be buying probably every album they release for it as download content. So personally even though I'm stealing I'm not even gonna feel a lick of guilt about this

Personally yeah I know it's stealing I'm not gonna deny it, but I'm gonna do it anyway. Why? Because it's so easy...and well it's free. I own a lot of music more than my parents, more than anyone I know in person. I'm 19 and don't have a lot of money but music is one of the things that I spend the majority of my money on, throw in Rock Band (and songs I download for that) and exclude my yearly trip to Canada and music makes up a large percentage of all the money I spend.

When I was 16-17 I lost 30 pounds in one year because I stopped eating lunch so that I could save money to buy more cds. That was the peak of my music obsession, what happened? I ended up spending so much money on cds that just turned out to suck. So I ended up deciding to download a lot more stuff before I buy them, especially new albums (not so much old ones). I still buy a lot but I'm not gonna deny that I steal. But honestly if I didn't steal I would have needed up cutting down on my album purchases a lot more than I did.

As for movies, yeah I download them too about 1 or 2 every couple of months, because honestly I really don't care about movies that much.

For games, I'd never really dream of downloading new ones really. If I want a new pc game I might download it first to see if it will work on my laptop rather than waste my money. I've downloaded a lot of old ones though, I know it's stealing but seriously I'm not gonna buy a NES to play the original Final Fantasy for one hour until I'm bored.

I'm gonna be getting the Beatles Box Set after it comes out either when Amazon.co.uk lowers it's price or it goes back up on amazon.com. I'll be buying the Beatles Rock Band the day it comes out and I'll be buying probably every album they release for it as download content. So personally even though I'm stealing I'm not even gonna feel a lick of guilt about this

That's nice.

yeah, that's pretty much me too, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom