The Beatles Remastered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't yet listened to Abbey Road. Looks like it may be sketchy. Been waiting on Pepper's for a loooooooooong time, now, but it should be in pretty soon. I will holler with my thoughts, I guess. Like I said, though, Revolver in stereo is not (to my brutalized ears) an earth-shattering improvement. It just sounds a bit more crisp and dimensional.

Also, lots of sub-320s floating around, minus Revolver. Not sure how much stock I should put in my own opinions...

I haven't yet listened to Abbey Road. Looks like it may be sketchy. Been waiting on Pepper's for a loooooooooong time, now, but it should be in pretty soon. I will holler with my thoughts, I guess. Like I said, though, Revolver in stereo is not (to my brutalized ears) an earth-shattering improvement. It just sounds a bit more crisp and dimensional.

Hmm, well, this will be interesting then.

Making opinions on the quality of a remastered classic album based on a digital file rip seems incredibly backward to me. :huh:

Making opinions on the quality of a remastered classic album based on a digital file rip seems incredibly backward to me. :huh:

Seeing as the FLAC is out there, there's no reason people couldn't. it's on the next in CD quality

I think Abbey Road is a transcode for people on what, the bit rates are at most low 200s, seems odd for a V0

I will agree with this, even though I think it was mistakenly directed at me. I agree, and that's why I'm making note of the "quality" of the files.

I think Abbey Road is a transcode for people on what, the bit rates are at most low 200s, seems odd for a V0

It might be between a V2 and V0. Low 200s isn't all that bad of a rip, as long as it isn't a transcode.

Perusing through the comments, it looks like the uploader has the discs in front of him and is working on getting a FLAC of each up, so I don't think Abbey Road's a transcode, just a lower V0 probably.

Whatever it is, this one already sounds like a pretty spectacular improvement. Very noticeable, even at doo-doo quality.

It might be between a V2 and V0. Low 200s isn't all that bad of a rip, as long as it isn't a transcode.

Perusing through the comments, it looks like the uploader has the discs in front of him and is working on getting a FLAC of each up, so I don't think Abbey Road's a transcode, just a lower V0 probably.

I just think all lower 200s on a V0 seems really low, especially since the songs also cut off at a frequency of 16k a lot of the time. Which shouldn't be happening on a V0 unless the CDs are like that

They definitely sound remastered, just not V0 quality in my opinion

I just think all lower 200s on a V0 seems really low, especially since the songs also cut off at a frequency of 16k a lot of the time. Which shouldn't be happening on a V0 unless the CDs are like that

They definitely sound remastered, just not V0 quality in my opinion

Hmm, who knows. I'll still listen to them until I get my own copy and can rip 'em myself.

I think I'm going to put Sgt. Pepper's on first.

Long story short, oneblood was nice enough to invite me to What.CD. As soon as I got on, I started downloading a program that I really needed and left it on overnight, only to find out that it wasn't uploading the way it was supposed to. They suspended my account and wouldn't help me when I tried to ask for help on how to fix it.

I ended up getting what I needed through other means and everything's a-OK.

So it's just Abbey, Revolver, and Pep's so far, right? Those are the three coming down the chute for me right now.

Can some one PM me where you can get the Leaked Remastered MP3's of the albums?

Alright, so a couple of my friends and I are going through each song, listening to the old version for a minute and then the remastered version.

These sound so. fucking. good.

1bullWhip.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom