The Beatles Remastered - Page 66 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:25 PM   #976
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:35 PM
Yellow Submarine is the first song I can remember liking when I was really young - I still like it to this day.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #977
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 11:35 AM
I completely missed everyone's lists, so I'll have to take a looksie.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:29 PM   #978
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I completely missed everyone's lists, so I'll have to take a looksie.
There are a bunch on page 44 or 45.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #979
Blue Crack Supplier

are you doing a general list or by Beatle?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #980
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
are you doing a general list or by Beatle?
General.

By Beatle just does not resonate with me.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #981
Blue Crack Supplier

I like the sound of that...

compiling now...
Old 09-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #982
Blue Crack Supplier

I hate numbering lists but I'm generally happy with this...

1. A Day In The Life
2. Tomorrow Never Knows
3. You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away
4. Here Comes The Sun
5. Eight Days A Week
6. Nowhere Man
7. Dig A Pony
8. Dear Prudence
9. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
10. I’m Only Sleeping
11. In My Life
12. Let It Be
13. Something
14. Strawberry Fields Forever
15. Here, There and Everywhere
Old 09-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #983
Blue Crack Supplier

My list will likely not be compiled for a few days.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #984
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:35 PM
i've never been a huge fan of "old brown shoe." i mean, i've been trying for years to like that song, i just never really saw it as anything more than a little boring. and my radio count down thing yesterday screwed up and played it twice. almost as annoying was later when they felt the need to play both revolutions (the single and the one with the shee-do-ops) followed by number nine...
Old 09-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #985
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Am I going to get flamed when Norwegian Wood appears on my list? Cos it likely will.
Oh not at all, I love that song. Maybe for Lance, it hits a little close to home, but that's about it.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #986
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:35 PM
Quote:
Completely arbitrary number I made up, I had no clue how high levels go. Are you really a Paladin?

If someone does flame you for it, they're a horse's ass.

until the new expansion comes out in a couple years, the highest level is 80. i have a level 80 rogue, and i have a level 67 paladin because i am a dork like that.

yeah, what mofo said. if you get flamed for that, fuck that tool who flames you. i'm currently making my way through the anthology. it's been years since i've watched anything on VHS, and i'm really wondering why i never did acquire this set when it came out on dvd however long ago that was. right now i'd say "we can work it out" is my #1, but that's only because i just heard it. this funny thing happens to me when i listen to the beatles, nearly everything (well, obviously there's a handful of tunes like wild honey pie, her majest, dig it, etc. that don't fall into this category) becomes my #1 favorite song. oh wait. paperback writer...no that's #1 now. hell, rain is playing now. fuck it, that's #1.

actually, rain and we can work it out would probably be in the top 5 if i ever did manage such a list. and i'm sure someone will want to flame me for that...

man, i really want to try making a list now, even if it makes my brain explode. yeah, because now we've got "got to get you into my life" playing. and i friggin love that song too.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #987
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:35 PM
Got my box set in the mail today, I love the album cases, booklets, everything about the design of it is perfect.

Listening to Please Please Me now for better or for worse
Old 09-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #988
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
until the new expansion comes out in a couple years, the highest level is 80. i have a level 80 rogue, and i have a level 67 paladin because i am a dork like that.

yeah, what mofo said. if you get flamed for that, fuck that tool who flames you. i'm currently making my way through the anthology. it's been years since i've watched anything on VHS, and i'm really wondering why i never did acquire this set when it came out on dvd however long ago that was. right now i'd say "we can work it out" is my #1, but that's only because i just heard it. this funny thing happens to me when i listen to the beatles, nearly everything (well, obviously there's a handful of tunes like wild honey pie, her majest, dig it, etc. that don't fall into this category) becomes my #1 favorite song. oh wait. paperback writer...no that's #1 now. hell, rain is playing now. fuck it, that's #1.

actually, rain and we can work it out would probably be in the top 5 if i ever did manage such a list. and i'm sure someone will want to flame me for that...

man, i really want to try making a list now, even if it makes my brain explode. yeah, because now we've got "got to get you into my life" playing. and i friggin love that song too.
Oh, it's pretty obvious that I don't mind getting flamed, especially by the people I'm talking to directly to in here. We all get on each other's cases, it's cool. I just didn't see it on any list and was surprised.

I really am not prepared to make my list at this point. I want to give everything a fresh listen and then see what's what.

I tried watching the anthology, but my DVR fucked some of it up, and I actually think that it's not very well done, but that might be the lame ass TV exec in me talking.

You're a fucking rogue alright.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:53 PM   #989
Blue Meth Addict

I don't think I should ever play a game like World of Warcraft, as no one would be able to pry me from it until I reached the highest level, or bored myself stiff trying. I get so addicted to that kind of grinding through levels bs. It is quite hilarious to me that you really were a paladin though, lolz and roflz, etc.

I don't like Dig A Pony nearly as much as many of the rest of you seem to, I do like it though.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #990
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I don't think I should ever play a game like World of Warcraft, as no one would be able to pry me from it until I reached the highest level, or bored myself stiff trying. I get so addicted to that kind of bs. It is quite hilarious to me that you really were a paladin though, lolz and roflz, etc.

I don't like Dig A Pony nearly as much as many of the rest of you seem to, I do like it though.
I think it's safe to say that staying away from that game is a move designed to protect my sanity.

Back in HS, when I was obviously at school during the day, had a part-time job I worked 4-5 nights a week, played basketball, stickball and football after school and on weekends with my friends, I still managed to find time to play Ultima IV on my Commodore for the better part of a year before I fucking finished that thing. It's no surprise that when I list things I was doing with my time during that period, "being with my girlfriend" does not appear.

Thankfully, my current gf likes video games, but like me, in moderation, lest we get lost in the games. Which almost happened with Oblivion.

Dig A Pony is a great tune but I'm not sure it'll make my 15.

Tags
the beatles