The Beatles Remastered - Page 55 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #811
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:46 AM
I can't afford getting the mono versions.

I'm through the first two albums (yes, I'm anal and going through these in chronological order). I forgot how many of these older songs I really dig. All My Loving is the perfect pop song.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #812
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 11:46 PM
I ditched the thread when people started talking about leaks, so I've been out of the loop. Are you saying that I can pick the albums up cheaper individually than doing the box set?

Old 09-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #813
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I ditched the thread when people started talking about leaks, so I've been out of the loop. Are you saying that I can pick the albums up cheaper individually than doing the box set?
Most definitely. The cheapest I saw the stereo box was around $180 or so.

The deal at Target, with the gift cards, ended up at $148 with one gift card remaining.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #814
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
If you go to Target and buy any 2 albums, you get a $5 gift card. Rinse, lather, repeat.

I know the regular albums are going for $12, what about the doubles? $16?
Old 09-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #815
Blue Crack Addict

$17 for the doubles.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #816
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

That's not too bad. The 5 bucks shaves that down to the regular amount, too.

I may end up getting the pre-Rubber Soul albums someday, but not with this batch.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #817
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, after buying the 12 single albums, I then used the $30 in gift cards and bought the doubles. Only had to pay another $4 once the GCs were applied.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #818
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Sweet deal.

I lost my awesome parking spot for Magical Mystery Tour, so I'm glad it was worth it. "Blue Jay Way" in particular sounded sublime.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #819
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:46 PM
Fuck, stuff was gone at 9:30? I'm leaving now.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #820
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP View Post
Confirmed, honky.

I understand that, just the difference in listening to a mono version vs. a stereo version.

Oh, I meant for me. My mom's picking them up today and saving them for Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
They're confirmed for [under the] Christmas [tree].
Have a nice Chanukah, pricks.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #821
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Have a nice Chanukah, pricks.
L'Chaim!

Anyone watched the mini-docs or played Rock Band yet?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #822
Blue Crack Supplier

I was able to get all of what I wanted. They didn't even have a fancy display set-up, it wasn't even facing the main isle, just buried on one of the front racks. Also, the $11.99 price point wasn't displayed, so unless you've seen the ad you'd think it was $13.99.

The cashier, however, knew what was up. When I put my stack down she asked "Did ya get all of 'em?", and proceeded to give me a gift card for each set of two without any prodding.

I spent about 30 minutes in the car opening up half of them. A couple nitpicks: I don't like how "Mini-Documentary" is listed on the back of each album at the end of the track listing. It's tacky, and should have been printed at the bottom with an asterisk or something.

Also, a major FAIL for not including "A splendid time is guaranteed for all" in the Sgt. Pepper's booklet, and yes, it was in the 1987 CD release. How could you forget that?
Old 09-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #823
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Rock Band is cool, but the tracklist is ultimately lacking; and given the ease of playing it, that's an even bigger problem...I mean, there's not going to be anything left to mess around with, after a few days of serious playing. I'm sorry and I'm not trying to be a hater or a contrarian, or whatever, but it's true. You should be able to sit down and play albums in full, from start to finish. It's good. Very good. I like it. But it's fucking 45 songs, and The Beatles wrote approximately 200 more which are pretty much impossible to live without. Hopefully DLC will fix this, as time goes on.

On the potentially positive side, though, this is the first of these games which is going to place a HUGE emphasis on karaoke-style gameplay. I imagine that THAT is where the game will shine, and I can imagine this being the first truly cross-generational Guitar Hero/Rock Band game, because of this. You can "play" it at a party without getting frustrated, because who the fuck can mess up a Beatles song, you know? I am very curious about just how this game will be played, in the long run, and I am thinking that it'll be as a karaoke vehicle. Weird, wild stuff.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #824
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
I was able to get all of what I wanted. They didn't even have a fancy display set-up, it wasn't even facing the main isle, just buried on one of the front racks. Also, the $11.99 price point wasn't displayed, so unless you've seen the ad you'd think it was $13.99.

The cashier, however, knew what was up. When I put my stack down she asked "Did ya get all of 'em?", and proceeded to give me a gift card for each set of two without any prodding.

I spent about 30 minutes in the car opening up half of them. A couple nitpicks: I don't like how "Mini-Documentary" is listed on the back of each album at the end of the track listing. It's tacky, and should have been printed at the bottom with an asterisk or something.

Also, a major FAIL for not including "A splendid time is guaranteed for all" in the Sgt. Pepper's booklet, and yes, it was in the 1987 CD release. How could you forget that?
Same scenario for me. You'd think they would have had at least one display near the front of the store, or at least one near the music section. There was none of that. And the sale prices weren't on any here either.

But that's typical for the big box stores like Target and Wal-Mart. It's not their specialty.

Agreed regarding the mini-documentary listed on them; it's also on the discs themselves. It would have been more than enough just providing the information within the booklet itself.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #825
Blue Crack Supplier

Okay, I myself get a major FAIL for not realizing George had three songs on Revolver until reading it in the new liner notes.

Tags
the beatles