The Beatles Remastered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to get the White Album remaster and go on and on and on about it so as to make LeMeL want to murder me.

The White Album is always going to sound more lo-fi than the others, so I'm not too interested in that one.

Well, if by lo-fi you mean "not psychedelic", than yeah, it stands apart from the others. And there are a good number of tracks that are more stripped down. But there are also others that have a lot of shit going on that will make this well worth a purchase.

Also, if you go back to the top of the last page, the tracks previewed were for The White Album, and apparently they sound fantastic.

After reading that little news blurb, I'm a bit confused. I would much rather have the mono mixes, I think, simply because I cannot fucking stand vocals on one side and music on the other. I think it gives me vertigo or something. But it looks like the entire catalog will not be release in mono.... Or am I wrong? I think it said only 10 of the albums would be released in mono. :sigh:

There were only 10 albums that were mixed in mono (up to The White Album). They will all be released together in a box set, The Beatles In Mono.

Abbey Road and Let It Be were never done in mono.

Of course this happens. I just bought Magical Mystery Tour last week (the last album I needed [I only like from Rubber Soul-Let It Be]) and NOW this happens.
:banghead:

Looks like I'll finally be buying myself the Beatles' albums in September :dance: No more listening to old cassette tapes for me :hyper:

The Beatles are dead, MAN!!!!!

Ok so they ruled but jeepers fucking creepers, this is ridiculous! Between the remasters ENTIRE BEATLES and the REPACKAGED JOSHUA TREE and the RERECORDED AND CONCEPTUALISED POP, is there time or money left for actual albums by bands who, you know, weren't at their peak prior to 1989?

It is in fact, an extremely well thought out scam. You don't need these things. You just think you do. Fact of the matter is, free mp3s would suffice for most of the Beatles songs, for most casual listeners. And I'm going to guess that the dedicated listeners already own their albums, probably on vinyl! Keep your vinyl player in tip top shape, gang!

at fucking LAST! I can't wait for these it seems like an age since there were first murmurs of these remasters coming out. Think I'm gonna have to buy the regular box set just because there's a few Beatles albums i've never fucking heard let alone own so it'd be nice to get them in all in one go. Need to replace pretty much EVERY Beatles CD i already own as well. Then later on when I really have more money than sense I'll be getting that mono package. The mono mixes are great on some albums especially Sgt Pepper actually.

Can't wait :drool: I'm assuming there'll be a vinyl version as well?

This is worth a listen if you haven't downloaded it yet.

The Beatles' HATE | Download NOW!

haha what on earth is this???

thought I'd revive this thread now we are only 2 months away from the remasters.

I am excited because I don't have any physical versions of any beatles music, except Love. My brother owned our copies of the albums, so I had to rip them all when we moved, and as some discs were scratched, I have some dodgy copies of songs. I am most excited to hear Help! remastered. YGTHYLA often gets some static and noise from the rip on my copy, and i think it is the more stripped back acoustic songs that will really benefit from a remaster (NW(TBHF), IJSAF etc)

The Beatles Remasted

Anyone think with the Remaster of all the albums coming out Sept 9th will also show up on itunes?

Anyone think with the Remaster of all the albums coming out Sept 9th will also show up on itunes?

There's no doubt they will show up iTunes. The Beatles (or whoever the hell at this point has the ownership of Beatles material) gave American Idol the right to use their songs on the show and then sell the performances of those songs on iTunes. That, without question, gave them a bit of a boost in recognition amongst the country's youth demographic. And the corporate peeps had to have seen that as a good thing. Just like the Rock Band bullshit.

The American Idol/Rock Band thing is really only one step away from releasing all the remastered shit on iTunes.

I wasn't going to buy it before, but the more I think about it, the more I'm realizing that the boxed set is probably going to be well worth it. Is there another band that the money could be better spent on? Or one that is definitely going to have the most replay value?

It really does seem like they've done a beautiful job putting the sets together. I'm hoping to score one as a Christmas gift this year.

Put me down as another person wanting the box set. I think I'm gonna try and go half and half for it with my dad. Finally gonna hear the Beatles albums on something other than crappy cassette tapes:lol:

stereo-box.jpg

Sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom