The Beatles Remastered - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 04:43 AM   #526
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
Let's all get up and dance to a song that was a hit before Lance's Mother was born.
Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Pimp?

Old 09-06-2009, 04:47 AM   #527
45:33

Local Time: 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
You know, Let It Be is a pretty weak album to me (even moreso as it was made between two masterpieces), and I already have Naked, which was remastered, no? As long as I have good sounding versions of Dig A Pony, I've Got A Feeling, Two of Us, Across the Universe, and the title track, I can live without the pristine version of Spector's Long and Winding Road.
i don't have that album, but let it be is one of my all-time favourites, not just my fav beatles song.

Old 09-06-2009, 04:51 AM   #528
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:15 PM
Quote:
As long as I have good sounding versions of...I've Got A Feeling
So you can't wait for that Cock Eyed Peas show?
Old 09-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #529
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:15 AM
"Drive My Car" is the low point of Rubber Soul, for me. Other than that, I would agree that it's a perfect pop record.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #530
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:15 AM
"Drive My Car" is one of my favorites from Rubber Soul. It really pisses me off that it was left off the U.S. version of the album, actually. Definitely in my top 3 Beatles albums, along with Abbey Road and Revolver.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #531
Blue Crack Supplier

My favorite Beatles album seems to change all the time, which is a testament to the band, obviously. Rubber Soul and Revolver always figure prominently in any lists I make, though.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #532
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebloodonelife View Post
"Drive My Car" is one of my favorites from Rubber Soul. It really pisses me off that it was left off the U.S. version of the album, actually. Definitely in my top 3 Beatles albums, along with Abbey Road and Revolver.
I like Drive My Car as well, but I'm the opposite about the U.S. version. I actually think the beginning of it works better with I've Just Seen A Face; it goes better with the other material.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #533
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Okay, Best Buy fliers went out, this morning. Apparently "select stores" will be receiving mono boxes, along with..."all New Jersey locations." I have NO idea what the fuck that is about, but if anybody is gonsta be in New Jersey, on Tuesday, please let me know. I'm willing to bet that we can figure out something.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #534
Blue Crack Addict

Tuesday is 9/8/09. Aren't the remasters coming out on 9/9/09?
Old 09-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #535
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by If you shout... View Post
I have NO idea what the fuck that is about, but if anybody is gonsta be in New Jersey, on Tuesday, please let me know. I'm willing to bet that we can figure out something.
Maybe Lance will return to the armpit just for you.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #536
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
You know, Let It Be is a pretty weak album to me (even moreso as it was made between two masterpieces), and I already have Naked, which was remastered, no? As long as I have good sounding versions of Dig A Pony, I've Got A Feeling, Two of Us, Across the Universe, and the title track, I can live without the pristine version of Spector's Long and Winding Road.
That's fair, just wondering. I may pick up Naked when I get the rest of the albums as well.

I thought that The White Album, Abbey Road, and Let It Be came out of the same recording sessions?
Old 09-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #537
Blue Crack Supplier

No, three separate sessions. There are Abbey Road tracks (and maybe some from Let It Be) that had been demoed during The White Album sessions, but that's it.

The Let It Be sessions, which occurred in the middle, were totally filmed by a camera crew, and caused a lot of tension. The subsequent recording of Abbey Road (after the Let It Be Sessions were shelved), was an attempt to do it the normal way, and went much more smoothly. After that was released, the Let It Be project was resurrected, and Phil Spector's remixing (or embellishment) of the original recordings are what finally caused McCartney to leave the band.

There's a great book called Beatlesongs that goes really in-depth with the origins of songs, who wrote what, how it was recorded, the instrumentation, etc. Also shit about the artwork, and not only does it use interviews from the band members and the studio crew, but there are a lot of other musicians commenting on the stuff as well.

They have used copies for $2 on Amazon. You read that thing (and you will plow through it, believe me), and you'll be a bona fide Beatles expert.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #538
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
No, three separate sessions. There are Abbey Road tracks (and maybe some from Let It Be) that had been demoed during The White Album sessions, but that's it.

The Let It Be sessions, which occurred in the middle, were totally filmed by a camera crew, and caused a lot of tension. The subsequent recording of Abbey Road (after the Let It Be Sessions were shelved), was an attempt to do it the normal way, and went much more smoothly. After that was released, the Let It Be project was resurrected, and Phil Spector's remixing (or embellishment) of the original recordings are what finally caused McCartney to leave the band.

There's a great book called Beatlesongs that goes really in-depth with the origins of songs, who wrote what, how it was recorded, the instrumentation, etc. Also shit about the artwork, and not only does it use interviews from the band members and the studio crew, but there are a lot of other musicians commenting on the stuff as well.

They have used copies for $2 on Amazon. You read that thing (and you will plow through it, believe me), and you'll be a bona fide Beatles expert.
Interesting. I knew that Let It Be happened in the middle and was shelved, but didn't know the rest. I'll definitely pick up that book then, thanks.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #539
Blue Crack Supplier

I just....fuck, the band is so fucking fascinating to me. Their formation, their Hamburg days, their initial success, their transformation and their break-up....I don't know, I could read or watch docs about it endlessly.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #540
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I should get that book.

Tags
the beatles