The Beatles Remastered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know. The other day I came across a moving flash animation ad, the type that blocks whatever page you are reading and doesn't go away till you click on it! :|:|:|

What a great way to sell something to the public! :happy:

You never know. The other day I came across a moving flash animation ad, the type that blocks whatever page you are reading and doesn't go away till you click on it! :|:|:|

What a great way to sell something to the public! :happy:

You can either leave Interference or click the ad :hmm: they're really betting on us being addicted to this site aren't they? :lol:

This little blurb was a summary from the October issue of Mojo magazine that should test your patience even more...

The October MOJO finally showed up in our neck of the woods. Here's a summary of the remaster article:

MOJO was invited "out of the blue" to Abbey Road to hear 10 restored White Album tracks. "You can hear every thread in the musical fabric -- the nuances of Macca's tour de force vocal on "Helter Skelter," his tolling bass on "Dear Prudence," and, eeriest of all, John Lennon singing "Happiness Is a Warm Gun" as if he's sitting right next to you, right now, rather than a whole lifetime ago."

The article mentions they also heard "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill," "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," "Martha My Dear," "Don't Pass Me By," "I Will" and "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me and My Monkey." Remastering engineer Guy Massey enabled MOJO to flip between and forth between the old versions and the new ones to hear side-by-side differences.

The remastering has included every UK album, both "Past Masters," "Yellow Submarine Songtrack" and the U.S. "Magical Mystery Tour," but not "Live at the Hollywood Bowl," regrettably.

The new versions keep George Martin's original voices-left, instruments-right balance. The remasters will include both mono and stereo versions. The biggest challenge was the bass, which EMI dealt with cautiously on the original releases. The article says the new versions restore "the intended, recorded bottom end."

So when will we see them? Sometime next year, the article says. And there's no guarantee there will be a coinciding release on iTunes.

Agreed. If they felt that they needed to keep things exactly the same, then they should have released both original remasters and remixed versions.

I love how the songs sound on the remixed Yellow Submarine songtrack from 1999 with the vocals centered.

Oh well.

Even if they're keeping the voices-left, instruments-right balance, I can't wait to hear these! :hyper:

If I'm being completely honest with myself, all I really want is a mix that's different from what I already own. Clarity is great, but if the mix is identical, it's not worth it to break the bank, since Beatles albums already sounded cleaner than the majority of their contemporaries.

I'll probably find remastered Sgt. Pepper on the internet somewhere and see if I'm still interested.

If I'm being completely honest with myself, all I really want is a mix that's different from what I already own. Clarity is great, but if the mix is identical, it's not worth it to break the bank, since Beatles albums already sounded cleaner than the majority of their contemporaries.

I'll probably find remastered Sgt. Pepper on the internet somewhere and see if I'm still interested.

I'll probably find a remastered copy of Abbey Road on the web too, then decide which ones I actually want to buy. There's no way I'll be purchasing the entire catalog.

Oh, and :up: for the "Cuyahoga" lyric in your sig.

The official release date is 9/9/09.

There will be individual releases, as well as two box sets, one in stereo and one in mono.

The Beatles

:drool:

About damn time. Awesome. If they're anywhere near as good as the remastered audio for Love, it'll be like hearing it all for the first time all over again.

As far as the rereleases go, I don't really think I'll be buying the collection. I could give a rat's ass about having another version of Let It Be (especially after buying ...Naked), same goes for Yellow Submarine, Help, and everything before it.

The ones I'd be interested in buying are:

The White Album
Revolver
Sgt. Peppers (though they did a pretty nice job on the original packaging way back when)
Abbey Road
Magical Mystery Tour

And I guess Rubber Soul, though I don't really need to hear that less-complex material in optimal quality.

The White Album is always going to sound more lo-fi than the others, so I'm not too interested in that one. But the other four albums Laz mentioned, I'll definitely want to try out.

Also, I only have CD-R copies of Please Please Me and Help!, so I'll be picking those up for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom