The Beatles Remastered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul:

1. The Long And Winding Road
2. Hey Jude
3. Blackbird
4. Eleanor Rigby
5. Yesterday
6. Let It Be
7. You Never Give Me Your Money
8. For No One
9. We Can Work It Out
10. Drive My Car
11. I Want To Hold Your Hand
12. I've Just Seen A Face
13. Helter Skelter
14. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
15. Lovely Rita
16. Hello Goodbye
17. Penny Lane
18. Things We Said Today
19. All My Loving
20. Get Back
21. Mother Nature's Son
22. Can't Buy Me Love
23. Paperback Writer
24. Eight Days A Week(included it here because Paul wrote most of it, even though John sang it)
25. Lady Madonna
26. I've Got A Feeling
27. Getting Better
28. Magical Mystery Tour
29. Back In The U.S.S.R.
30. I Will

John:

1. A Day In The Life
2. Because
3. Across The Universe
4. I Want You(She's So Heavy)
5. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
6. Strawberry Fields Forever
7. Ticket To Ride
8. Norwegian Wood(This Bird Has Flown)
9. A Hard Day's Night
10. Tomorrow Never Knows
11. In My Life
12. Help!
13. Come Together
14. Any Time At All
15. I Am The Walrus
16. I'm Only Sleeping
17. She Said She Said
18. And Your Bird Can Sing
19. Happiness Is A Warm Gun
20. Dear Prudence
21. Nowhere Man
22. Revolution
23. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away
24. From Me To You
25. I'll Be Back
26. Julia
27. All You Need Is Love
28. I Feel Fine
29. She Loves You
30. No Reply
31. Rain

I would include the whole Abbey Road medley, but it's too many songs, and if I include one - I really wanted to include The End on Paul's list - I feel bad for leaving the others out. The only one I absolutely couldn't leave out was You Never Give Me Your Money.

George:

1. Here Comes The Sun
2. Something
3. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
4. Taxman
5. Within You Without You
6. Think For Yourself
7. I Me Mine
8. If I Needed Someone
9. Long Long Long
10. Piggies

Ringo:

1. With A Little Help From My Friends
2. Good Night
3. Octopus's Garden
4. Yellow Submarine
5. What Goes On

This was hard. I'm not even sure about the above, for Paul and John anyway. There's too much to choose from. They're just too fucking good. Too fucking good.

Sorry, No Broken Serves. I'm gonna bite:

Wasn't a very dynamite question

Sure it was. It's perfectly valid to wonder why someone who so often references "the snobs at Pitchfork," "those scumbags at Pitchfork," and "the scum at Pitchfork" (did my homework) would give a flying fuck what they had to say.

If you don't like it, don't pay it any mind. The Pitchfork bashing here is so, so tired, and likely wouldn't exist if the majority of the forum didn't still worship Boner.

Gee, just because I dislike the Pitchfork approach doesn't mean I don't find their material of any interest.

Simply knowing previously what music Pitchfork holds in high acclaim, is enough to stimulate one's interest in how they were going to rate The Beatles' albums, whether one agrees with Pirchfork or not.

I prefer to read columnists who I disagree with in nesspapers. Why? Because if I agree with the columnist, it's like just reading my own point of view which is pointless.

The Beatles being recognised as the greatest band of all time, and with Pitchfork being hyper-selective when it comes to dishing out scores of over 9, one wonders as to how they rate The Beatles collection. With the high scores allocated to their first 5 albums, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those rare 10's somewhere. Maybe Pepper or Abbey Road. We'll see.

Well, expect to see some 10s thrown out tomorry. Unless they're as contrarian as Shouter.

"While none of these mid-sixties classics hit the majestic peaks of Julian Lennon's Valotte, they're still worth getting if you can find an enticing deal at your local chain."

If they don't give Revolver a 10 or 9.5+, they're gonna enter a world of pain. A world... of pain.

I should've followed nam's approach and ranked every song.

This isn't 'Nam, Dude, there are RULES here.

Who would've thunk that it took me this long to dig "Rocky Raccoon." It's Macca channeling Dylan.

Gee, just because I dislike the Pitchfork approach doesn't mean I don't find their material of any interest.

Simply knowing previously what music Pitchfork holds in high acclaim, is enough to stimulate one's interest in how they were going to rate The Beatles' albums, whether one agrees with Pirchfork or not.

I prefer to read columnists who I disagree with in nesspapers. Why? Because if I agree with the columnist, it's like just reading my own point of view which is pointless.

The Beatles being recognised as the greatest band of all time, and with Pitchfork being hyper-selective when it comes to dishing out scores of over 9, one wonders as to how they rate The Beatles collection. With the high scores allocated to their first 5 albums, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those rare 10's somewhere. Maybe Pepper or Abbey Road. We'll see.

Fuck. Good point.

Fair enough.

Exactly.

I do think it's ridiculous that they rated Please Please Me and A Hard Day's Night the highest. Whatever.

Shut up.

Well, expect to see some 10s thrown out tomorry. Unless they're as contrarian as Shouter.

Nobody is that contrarian. He disagrees with himself regarding Scott Walker just to be contrarian.

"While none of these mid-sixties classics hit the majestic peaks of Julian Lennon's Valotte, they're still worth getting if you can find an enticing deal at your local chain."

Despite my enjoyment of Julian Lennon's solo career, this cracked me up big time. And, I never compared Son to Father, just wanted to know if anyone dug his solo stuff.

If they don't give Revolver a 10 or 9.5+, they're gonna enter a world of pain. A world... of pain.

I should've followed nam's approach and ranked every song.

Prediction?

Pain.

Clubber_Lang_Rocky_III_Clubber.jpg

I think my Remasters arrive on the morrow.

Is my plan a good one? To not listen to them until my big road trip from Chicago to the Bay Area? I'm taking a long/scenic route, so there will be a need for a lot of music....seems like it might be cool to debut these jim-jams on the road.

Thoughts, motherfuckers?

I think that's a good idea. Then again, when have we agreed, NSW? When indeed.

No.

I could see doing that if you had never heard them before, but you may as well just listen to them when they arrive.

Here's the other thing:

Starting Thursday night, I either have plans or have to work almost every night. I'm no social butterfly but a lot of people have asked to hang out before I move, so I've felt compelled to say "yes". Add in three concerts, my going away party, and working and I don't know when I can give them real listens, as opposed to being background music on my Ipod (which defeats the purpose) at work.

But, your vote is registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom