The Beatles Remastered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yeah, I mean, I cracked up the whole time....just feel bad for peeps wanting to talk about the Remasters and all.

A Lance's Mom thread might be an act of kindness.

I actually do too. And while I'd be active in both discussions, this one should be about the band and the remasters.

Inteference Random Lance's Mom Talk Part I: A long time ago in a brothel far, far away

Here I come, spoiling the fun. Sorry, you idiots.

I, for one, can't bring myself to believe that Target will actually give out $5 cards for every two stereo discs purchased (though I want to, natch). Doesn't it seem a lot more likely that they'll only issue one card, and then that's that? Kind of like an inverse one-use coupon? Or something? It just sounds way too good to be true, and those kinds of deals usually are too good to be true.

Fingers crossed, I suppose.

BEATLEMANIA!

I hope one of my more monetarily-inclined friends buys that fucking stupid Rock Band thing so that I can at least try it out. I'd drop some of my mad vocal skillz on a few tunes.

I'm the same way. $250 is way, way too much for me to drop on it no matter how curious I am. None of my friends play Rock Band and/or are obsessed enough with the Beatles to want the game. So I'm screwed.

The harmony thing is what really gets me. That just seems like it'd be a fucking blast. A very good time could be had with four friends hitting the sauce and cranking out Beatles tunes all night.

And, if there happen to be a few lovely young females in said room, it would be pretty easy to impress them with the fact that we know all the words to every single one of their songs.

They'd be like "DAMN! That dude knows all the words to every Beatles song. I want to hold his hand, if you get my meaning!"

Here I come, spoiling the fun. Sorry, you idiots.

I, for one, can't bring myself to believe that Target will actually give out $5 cards for every two stereo discs purchased (though I want to, natch). Doesn't it seem a lot more likely that they'll only issue one card, and then that's that? Kind of like an inverse one-use coupon? Or something? It just sounds way too good to be true, and those kinds of deals usually are too good to be true.

Fingers crossed, I suppose.

Well, it's actually printed in the ad, so it's happening. However, it's possible that they won't issue more than one gift card at a time. In other words, you'd have to buy two, come back and buy two more, etc.

Well, it's actually printed in the ad, so it's happening. However, it's possible that they won't issue more than one gift card at a time. In other words, you'd have to buy two, come back and buy two more, etc.

Which would totally be worth doing. I was looking at the ad online and could see an asterisk next to the offer, but couldn't read the small print. Anyone know what it says?

No, not more shuttlecock lameness...

Still undecided as to whether to buy the big sexy box....might make my mind up on the spot if I see one available.

Which would totally be worth doing. I was looking at the ad online and could see an asterisk next to the offer, but couldn't read the small print. Anyone know what it says?

It says, "Quantities limited; no rain checks. Terms and conditions apply to GiftCards [sic]."

If it is only one gift card per customer, unless they have some kind of specific restriction posted clearly by the display they're going to wind up having a lot of point-of-purchase issues with people complaining and not understanding the "terms and conditions".

I can't imagine them inviting that kind of mess.

I am in their employ and that's exactly what I'll be doing. Buying two before my shift that day in electronics, two before my shift at the front, two during each break, two at the end of my shift in electronics, and two at the end of my shift at the front. Unless Super Cool Electronics Guy is there. He'll do it for me in one transaction because, well, he's Super Cool Electronics Guy.

I am in their employ and that's exactly what I'll be doing. Buying two before my shift that day in electronics, two before my shift at the front, two during each break, two at the end of my shift in electronics, and two at the end of my shift at the front. Unless Super Cool Electronics Guy is there. He'll do it for me in one transaction because, well, he's Super Cool Electronics Guy.

You will be caught by their surveillance cameras, or, your employee discount code will be noticed by someone and you will be terminated.

Not even Super Cool Electronics Guy is going to be able to save you this time.

You will be caught by their surveillance cameras, or, your employee discount code will be noticed by someone and you will be terminated.

Not even Super Cool Electronics Guy is going to be able to save you this time.

I'm sure that will be the case. I'm sure I've never done things like this many times before. :)

Now if I was purchasing them, getting the gift card, and selling them for retail price, someone might give two shits.

BE CAREFUL, buddy. It's not worth losing your job over.

Now if it were Super Hot Electronics Girl, then it's a different story.

He's married, dog.

I don't think that they would fire him, I am convinced that they would instead off him. Liquidate. Terminate. End him. Place him in the Wooden Waldorf.

logo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom