The Beatles Remastered - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-17-2008, 03:44 PM   #16
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
beav, have you heard Love? Hearing all that stuff remastered was quite a revelation...
Definitely.

"Something" in particular was just...wow...
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 10-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #17
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
beav, have you heard Love? Hearing all that stuff remastered was quite a revelation...
I have not heard love. I'm one of those people that thinks the albums should be left the way they were. I'm a loser like that. And I htink adding bonus tracks is also altering the album. I think bonus tracks should be collected and released separately.
__________________

__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #18
The Fly
 
Tacvbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 223
Local Time: 12:01 AM
Quote:
Let It Be:
You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
Don't Let Me Down

Abbey Road:
The Ballad of John and Yoko
Old Brown Shoe

The White Album:
Hey Jude

Magical Mystery Tour:
Lady Madonna
The Inner Light

Revolver:
Paperback Writer
Rain

Rubber Soul:
Day Tripper
We Can Work It Out
I think most of them are on PAST MASTERS I & II
__________________
Tacvbo is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,957
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacvbo View Post
I think most of them are on PAST MASTERS I & II
Do you think they'll reissue Past Masters and not just put the songs as bonus tracks on the albums which spawned their sessions?
__________________
the tourist is online now  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Uh, they "remastered" their whole library 20 years ago. You can look it up.
That was at the dawn of the CD age.

If there is one band that needs an upgrade the most, it's The Beatles. And if there's one band where it's worth buying all the albums again, it's The Beatles.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
Do you think they'll reissue Past Masters and not just put the songs as bonus tracks on the albums which spawned their sessions?
I think they will, or they will just release a new compilation with a different title. I think they will keep the original UK albums as is.
__________________
phanan is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,290
Local Time: 01:01 AM
I hope they release it all in a box set like the current one...

Please Please Me
With The Beatles
A Hard Day's Night
Beatles For Sale
Help!
Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt. Pepper
Magical Mystery Tour
The White Album
Abbey Road
Let It Be
Past Masters 1
Past Masters 2
Yellow Submarine
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,957
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I hope they release it all in a box set like the current one...

Please Please Me
With The Beatles
A Hard Day's Night
Beatles For Sale
Help!
Rubber Soul
Revolver
Sgt. Pepper
Magical Mystery Tour
The White Album
Abbey Road
Let It Be
Past Masters 1
Past Masters 2
Yellow Submarine
I'd buy this over U2 concert tickets.
__________________
the tourist is online now  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,692
Local Time: 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
...if there's one band where it's worth buying all the albums again, it's The Beatles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
I'd buy this over U2 concert tickets.
comments like this make baby jesus cry
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:23 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,957
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
comments like this make baby jesus cry
Well having something to keep is much better than 2 great hours. Besides, I'm getting married next summer and a Beatles remaster box set would probably be cheaper than 2 tickets to see U2 once the scalpers have had their way.
__________________
the tourist is online now  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:23 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2isthebest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vision over visibility....
Posts: 12,332
Local Time: 02:01 AM
Can they please finally be on iTunes, pretty please with a cherry on top?:Pray:
__________________
U2isthebest is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,692
Local Time: 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
Well having something to keep is much better than 2 great hours. Besides, I'm getting married next summer and a Beatles remaster box set would probably be cheaper than 2 tickets to see U2 once the scalpers have had their way.
two words my friend:

wedding registry...

who needs silverware when you can get the Beatles remastered
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:24 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,957
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
Can they please finally be on iTunes, pretty please with a cherry on top?:Pray:
Not just iTunes, though. Hopefully iTunes Plus.
__________________
the tourist is online now  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #29
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
Can they please finally be on iTunes, pretty please with a cherry on top?:Pray:
Don't they have record stores in "Just Waiting for the Shine to Wear off"? Where is that anyway, Arkansas?
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 10-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,957
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
two words my friend:

wedding registry...

who needs silverware when you can get the Beatles remastered
My future wife isn't nearly the music enthusiast I am, and she'd think I was joking.
__________________

__________________
the tourist is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
the beatles

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com