The Beatles Remastered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having now listened to most of this in both stereo and mono, I'm angry as shit that I'm going to want both versions of more records than I'd anticipated. Fuckers. The grass is always greener adage couldn't be truer, when comparing the two versions of Sgt. Pepper's. Damnation.

I am seriously considering just biting the bullet, allowing some new drugs to be tested on myself for extra scratch, and playing the order-from-Canada card, for the stereo set. Anybody with any insight or advice?

Stereo remasters at Target: 11.98 each. For every 2 titles you buy, you get a $5 gift card. So if you buy all 14 titles (it doesn't advertise how much the 2-disc albums are, though), you get $35 in gift cards. :shrug: Just a thought. But they, too, say September 9th. Which is not Tuesday.

Son of a bitch! I tried looking the prices up on Target's website last night, and there was no info.

This really pisses me off.

Where did you see this info, it's still not on their site?

Son of a bitch! I tried looking the prices up on Target's website last night, and there was no info.

This really pisses me off.

Yeah. I would be pissed off if I'd already ordered them. I'm totally getting the albums individually through Target now instead. Especially since I get a discount there. :)

Also, that doesn't sound right. $5 off just for buying two?

And they're not supposed to be coming out on normal release day Tuesday, they bumped it ahead a day to coincide with 9.9.09.

I just checked that. Apparently, yes. And you can even put "found it cheaper somewhere else" as an reason.

Crisis averted.

I was going to type the same thing but figured that you'd have been smart enough to seek to cancel it before you did anything else.

Your fear over losing out on a good deal clouded your judgement.

Laz, fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

Also, that doesn't sound right. $5 off just for buying two?

And they're not supposed to be coming out on normal release day Tuesday, they bumped it ahead a day to coincide with 9.9.09.

I thought that was true, but I'd seen so many people saying they wanted to pick it up on Tuesday. And the radio said Tuesday, September 9th.

I was going to type the same thing but figured that you'd have been smart enough to seek to cancel it before you did anything else.

Your fear over losing out on a good deal clouded your judgement.

Laz, fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

Clearly, I'm not ready to be a member of the Jewdi Council.

You could have a fucking field day with Beatles song titles tied to Lance's Mom references. Like, you could write a short story.

Cock-to-Pussy's Garden?

Hey, it's a children's song to begin with, and I thought I'd get the dumbest one out of the way first.

Not one of the better songs on Crabby Load.

Notice that I just combined Shuttlecock, Shuttlecrab, The Beatles, and Lance's Mom. Thank you.

Do you guys like Please Squeeze Me? It kicks off so well with "I Saw Her Standing Bare."

"Money (That's What I Want)" is one of the most upbeat songs ever written from the POV of Lance's Mom.

"I Don't Want to Soil the Panties" off Beatles For Sale is a good one too.

"She Came Right Through the Bathroom Window" is an interesting ode to a particular fetish.

And so, it begins:

ONE DAY IN THE LIFE (OF A WHORE)

I tricked three jews tonight, no goys
the tip they left was under ten percent
and though the jews were rather small
well, I just couldn't laugh
one took a photograph
I blew his balls out in a crouch
He didn't notice that my knees were strained
A lot of of people paid to stare
They'd sprayed my face before
Nobody was really sure why they were in a house of whores