The Beatles Remastered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So to speak.

I came into a large amount of funds by completely legal and moral means today. So if that deluxe Rock Band set gets good reviews, I might just have to drop the $250. It's more of a completist thing, though, since I don't dig the games all that much. So maybe that 250 would be better spent buying records, being saved, or having sex with Our Lady of Ill Repute 50 or so times.

"Man in the Mirror" is an atrocious song.

Sorry, just had nowhere else to say that.

"Getting Better" is mah favorite Macca Beatles song. Got a lot of good memories associated with that one.

In fact, the whole of Sgt. Peppers brings back a lot of warm/fuzzy stuff. Still, it doesn't crack my top 2 Beatles LPs.

1. Abbey Road
2. Revolver

Apparently if I order the box set from amazon.ca I can get it delivered in 2-4 days for just 143 euro :drool: I think I might be ordering

Is that cheaper than just buying them all individually? Hadn't that turned out to be the most efficient way of doing things, with the stereo releases?

Is that cheaper than just buying them all individually? Hadn't that turned out to be the most efficient way of doing things, with the stereo releases?

Wait, did you include Yellow Submarine in your calculations?

Please Please Me, With The Beatles, A Hard Day's Night, Beatles For Sale, Help!, Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour, Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road, and Let It Be = 12 * $13 = $156.

White Album and Past Masters = 2 * $17 = $34.

$156 + $34 = $190.

Only a $10 difference, and that's for the case, I guess.

$200 for the box is obviously more than $190, but if you can really get the box for $173...

If you hate Revolution 9, you're a philistine. I don't know a more diplomatic way of saying it. It's not meant to be a fucking pop song, it's pushing the boundaries of recorded music in an attempt to bridge the gap between pop and the avant garde, and I imagine it inspired a lot of people creatively.

It may be inspirational and brilliant, but it's not really an enjoyable listen. It's great for Halloween soundtracks, though. :shrug:

This whole thing is really making me realize how much we take the band for granted. They've been a part of all of our lives from such a young age, their songs just beaten into our heads until they're a part of our subconscious. They were the best band of all time and there will never, ever be another like them. Even though I've heard these songs a thousand times having probably listened to them more than any other artist in my life, they're just so, so fucking good.

:)

As namkcuR pointed out, for $173 it's worth it. But I still haven't decided if I even WANT Please Please Me, With the Beatles, and A Hard Day's Night. I'm just not sure.

You are relentless in your MJ hate.

Almost as relentless as the media and public onslaught I've had to endure the last couple months.

I love those early albums (Please Please Me is definitely my least favorite of the three, though). A Hard Day's Night is a must.

I've got With the Beatles, A Hard Day's Night, Beatles For Sale, Help and Rubber Soul blasting on random mode while I clean.

There are some great songs on A Hard Day's Night, but overall it just doesn't do it for me.

But I'll certainly buy it if you'd like to clean MY place! :wink:

Well, it's over. This is what I just pre-ordered from Amazon:

Sgt. Pepper's
Abbey Road
Magical Mystery Tour
Rubber Soul
Revolver
Past Masters

That came out to $82, which is $12.99 for each, save for Past Masters which was $16.99. I did not get The White Album, which was priced at $18.99, whereas Best Buy is selling it for $16.99, and I'll just pick it up on 9.9.09.

I'm also not paying any shipping charges (Free shipping if you go over $25 I think), and no tax, either.

If I choose to pick up the others later on, I should still come in under the $175 or whatever.

No Let It Be?

The more I think about it, the more I think I'll end up doing what you're doing Laz, and pay the buck per song to get songs from the early albums.

Why is the box set listed on Amazon with no price and just a "we'll email you when it becomes available" listing? Is it not coming out at the same time as the individual albums?

Why is the box set listed on Amazon with no price and just a "we'll email you when it becomes available" listing? Is it not coming out at the same time as the individual albums?

They've sold out of their initial allotment, but are supposed to be getting more. There'll be sets in stores on Tuesday though.

huh, interesting. I've never seen them remove price and order information when they've sold out - I'm surprised they didn't put their "out of stock" info or whatever. Maybe they only do that after it's been actually released.

I get a third paycheck in October (whoot), so maybe it's better that I wait another month before getting it.

First time looking at the thread, sorry if this info is being repeated;

Best Buy $199

cd/dvd box set

9459285.jpg

I spoke with a Best Buy representative, just two or three hours back, and was told in very plain terms that they have no plans to have any mono boxes in any stores, on Tuesday. Stereo only. I hope that he was wrong, but there it is.

So, essentially, it's not looking good for picking up the mono set until more are made available online. :down: I guess that's fine, I really shouldn't buy one right now, and my birthday is only a month away...maybe I'll just hold off.

I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink
I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink
I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink

Long day?

I'm so tired, I haven't slept a wink
I'm so tired, my mind is on the blink
I wonder should I get up and fix myself a drink

Long day?

Really long week, work has been insanity with FB starting. Worked 8am-7pm today and I'm just wiped out. Thanks for asking. No big deal, of course, I'm just out of gas.

Very glad to be home, though, and it looks like I'll have the next two days to myself to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom