The Beatles Remastered

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then I'll point out that had Don't Let Me Down been on the album (and it's on Let It Be...Naked), it would have the top spot.

Let It Be... Naked is a mixed bag for me. I still prefer the Spectorized "Let It Be" and "The Long and Winding Road" to the more stripped down versions.

"Don't Let Me Down" and the Past Masters "Across the Universe" are off the fucking chain though.

Once I get my grubby little hands on these remaster, I'm going to try and dive into Let It Be and The White Album first.

I never said it wasn't stealing, I was just explaining my outlook. It's absolutely stealing, I completely acknowledge that.

I never said I was a role model.

By the way, why not come out and admit that SC lost a lot of its potency when I left the site...and that was shortly followed by the move to OOC.

The whole site suffered, and you know this.

Well, there was some debate as to whether or not you would have bothered to put up a fight alongside us. Would they have taken us more seriously had your voice been in the dissenting chorus? Perhaps.

Well, there was some debate as to whether or not you would have bothered to put up a fight alongside us. Would they have taken us more seriously had your voice been in the dissenting chorus? Perhaps.

By the same token it probably didn't help that I was on your side.

Hard to say what I'd have done at the time, but I suspect I'd have protested once via the thread, sent a PM, and if that did not work then would have withdrawn from the argument.

Regardless, acknowledge that my 3 month hiatus was negatively impacftul for you. It made you sad.

Well then I'll point out that had Don't Let Me Down been on the album (and it's on Let It Be...Naked), it would have the top spot.

It'd definitely be up there for me as well. Underrated.

It'd definitely be up there for me as well. Underrated.

Underrated = not named "Here Comes the Sun"

I could've gone not hearing an Adam Lambert wannabe trying to belt that out last night. Holy shit.

Sounds like grounds for:

knife%20attack.jpg

Was it that long?

:yawn:

Your acknowledgment will come when you admit how fucking lame and unfunny Pseudocock is now. It's like a little tea party in there.

I don't agree with that and so you will have to live in a state of denial. There are cats in there that I like. Is it the same with you, me, Impy, etc not in there? No, but, we're in at least two other threads all the time so there's that.

When I first heard about the remasters, I kind of shrugged and figured I might pick up copies of my favorite records, but dang, the more I think about it, the more I'm tempted to just say "fuck it" and buy 'em all.

Probably not the mono versions, although I'm definitely curious to hear what they sound like.

I need to read back through the last umpteen pages and find out what stores are offering good deals. Although this might be more of a "merry christmas to me" present in a few months.

I need to read back through the last umpteen pages and find out what stores are offering good deals. Although this might be more of a "merry christmas to me" present in a few months.

So far it seems like Amazon is the best bet.

Let It Be... Naked is a mixed bag for me. I still prefer the Spectorized "Let It Be" and "The Long and Winding Road" to the more stripped down versions.

I think he ruined those songs. I cannot stand what he did to The Long And Winding Road in particular; it is just awful. Give me the stripped down version over that anyday.

I think he ruined those songs. I cannot stand what he did to The Long And Winding Road in particular; it is just awful. Give me the stripped down version over that anyday.

The biggest problem with the Spector version is how the vocals are buried behind the orchestration, but I still prefer the feel of that version opposed to the stripped-down version. That being said, I dig both versions, but can't get behind the slide solo in the stripped version.

I don't agree with that and so you will have to live in a state of denial. There are cats in there that I like. Is it the same with you, me, Impy, etc not in there? No, but, we're in at least two other threads all the time so there's that.

There's people in there that I like as well. That doesn't make it cool, and it doesn't make it funny. When I occasionally lurk in there it's like looking through the Sunday comics and seeing only Nancy, Marmaduke and Apt. 3-G, wondering where all the good stuff went.

I'm used to the official version at this point, and I think the strings on TLAWR are "pretty" and nicely arranged, but it's easy to understand why Macca was so pissed. I have to side with him on this one; I don't know what the fuck Lennon was thinking.

I imagine one day I'll wind up preferring the Naked version, it's just gonna take many more listens.

The stripped version of The Long And Winding Road always sounds like its missing the orchestral arrangements. The orchestral arrangements in the Spector version are gorgeous. I mean the breakdown string solo in the Spector version is heart-wrenching, while the same breakdown in the form of whatever instrument that is - is that slide solo LMP refers to? - in the stripped version sounds neutered to me. I've always felt that the Spector version of The Long And Winding Road is a masterpiece.

Can someone explain something to me? If Best Buy is selling the individual albums for $12.99 each, then what is the point of buying the boxed set? 13 albums x $13 = $169. So you're actually spending MORE money on the set, just for a case to keep them in? Fuck that. Especially when the separately packaged discs come with the mini-documentaries anyway.

Or is there something I'm missing?

Can someone explain something to me? If Best Buy is selling the individual albums for $12.99 each, then what is the point of buying the boxed set? 13 albums x $13 = $169. So you're actually spending MORE money on the set, just for a case to keep them in? Fuck that. Especially when the separately packaged discs come with the mini-documentaries anyway.

Or is there something I'm missing?

Well, the White Album and Past Masters are both $17, so that's an extra $8 right there.

Seems like the individual discs are the real way to go, especially since the mono versions of a few albums may be more desirable.

I can't wait to hear the mellotron sequence in "Strawberry Fields."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom