The Beatles Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Beatles may be good but they were no Power Salad.

Power Salad was making gold records before Angela Landsbury got his first boner.

Also the song 'Dracula Raped Me' by Jon Lenin is better than John Lennon's 'Imagine'.

Typical Beatles fans

Liverpoolcrowd_big.jpg

Sorry if I would repeat someone's post, but...

...today it could be 70th anniversary of one of the most talented people in the world:

_44286597_lennon13.jpg

JohnLennon_bp.jpg

John-Lennon.jpg

p.s.: Unfortunately, I can't find time to listen to his solo works.:crack: But I suppose he has interesting creation as regarding to solo work.

Well, it's a good excuse to read Travis' brilliance again.

Lennon was in no way one of the most talented people in the world, historically and contemporarily. The more I listen to the Beatles, the more I feel bad for thinking he was better than McCartney for so long. More of a wanker than most idealists would like to admit.

At least, that's what the Linda McCartney Story told me.

i kick myself that i missed that thread.

Lennon was in no way one of the most talented people in the world, historically and contemporarily. The more I listen to the Beatles, the more I feel bad for thinking he was better than McCartney for so long. More of a wanker than most idealists would like to admit.

death as a career move and all that

If you're wanting to watch a movie tonight other than the animated edition of The Lord of the Rings, than I demand we watch the Linda McCartney Story. That film is the shit.

Some people say that the IMDB Top 250 is without credit because Inception is above Citizen Kane. I say it's without credit due to the startling absence of the Linda McCartney Story.

Some people say that the IMDB Top 250 is without credit because Inception is above Citizen Kane. I say it's without credit due to the startling absence of the Linda McCartney Story.

The stunning performance of Tim Piper as John Lennon alone is worth the inclusion.

Finally watched the HBO documentary about George. Anyone else catch it? It was pretty good, but they definitely skipped a number of subjects. No mention of Cloud 9. No mention of George's feud with John towards the end of John's life. No mention of George being the only Beatle to release an autobiography.

I was going to watch it last weekend, but realized I'd recorded the wrong channel and got the non-HD version.

So I DVRd it again this week on the HD HBO channel. Why watch in non-HD when HD is an option? /picky

Am planning on watching it this weekend.

Caught literally two minutes of it at a friend's house and was immediately sold. I could tell it was going to be a good film. Or at least that I would get a lot of enjoyment out of it. So, I'll try to sit down and watch the whole thing sometime soon.

Watched part one so far and loved it, but life baseball got in the way. I'm looking forward to getting to the second.

I was going to watch it last weekend, but realized I'd recorded the wrong channel and got the non-HD version.

So I DVRd it again this week on the HD HBO channel. Why watch in non-HD when HD is an option? /picky

Am planning on watching it this weekend.

Yes, you definitely wanna watch it in HD instead of standard def. Plenty of eye candy to enjoy.

One thing in particular that I enjoyed about the movie was George's attitude about Eric Clapton and Patti's affair.

As I sit here listening to The White Album, a band growing apart, I can't help but think this is one of the best records I've ever heard. From the fantastic, catchy melodies to the intricate musicianship and amazingly captures tones. Some of the songs I like less than others, and I've never cared for the piece of audio art on the second side quite as much. But this is the sound of a band at some damn creative heights and I love it to death. Gotta be the best double album of all time.

It's pretty damn great. Can't pretend there aren't 10 or so songs on there that I think are below Beatles standards though.

Sign o the Times is the greatest double album of all time, easily.

I will take Quadrophenia, London Calling, and Exile on Main Street all over the white album. Or any other double albums, for that matter. The white album has some great things on it, but it has too many tracks (note I did not say songs, as rev 9 is included in this batch, and I don't want laz to think I'm calling it a song again) I would gladly live out my days never hearing again.

Worst song on the White Album? Wild Honey Pie for mine, if that counts.

Best seven tracks - Dear Prudence, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Helter Skelter, Happiness is a Warm Gun, EGSTHEFMAMM, Blackbird and Rocky Raccoon.

Back
Top Bottom