The B&C Best Albums of 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A handful of people on this site enjoy them, but you don't so = overrated?

That's really an oversimplification. I know Cobbler specified this forum, but the critical acclaim for VW is massive and has been since they appeared on the scene. I'm not saying it's unjustified, but I can easily see how someone could believe they don't live up to the hype, e.g. headlining Pitchfork festival, album of the year in Rolling Stone, etc.

Overrated wouldn't be the first thing to come to my mind.

"Insufferably boring" would probably be the term.

That's really an oversimplification. I know Cobbler specified this forum, but the critical acclaim for VW is massive and has been since they appeared on the scene. I'm not saying it's unjustified, but I can easily see how someone could believe they don't live up to the hype, e.g. headlining Pitchfork festival, album of the year in Rolling Stone, etc.

I don't disagree with that. He just specified this forum :wink:

I forgot all about Blue Sky Black Death's album. Apparently I never rated it...that's going to shake things up in my top 30 :uhoh:

Well, shit...this album by No Joy is right up there as well. I am really loving the 90s revival.

Why on earth would you do that?

I thought the album was pretty bad. And I do somewhat like the National. I don't know, maybe I need to listen to it again. But I gave it about 3 runs when it first came out and didn't have any ambition to visit it again.

I thought the album was pretty bad. And I do somewhat like the National. I don't know, maybe I need to listen to it again. But I gave it about 3 runs when it first came out and didn't have any ambition to visit it again.

Your first instincts were correct.

The most dreadful poster on the board shits on another thread.

Remember when this guy talked about music he liked once in a while?

I must be out of the loop or missed some posts or something here because all I saw was that Von Schloopen agreed with my post. How exactly is that trolling?

Has he made one positive contribution to this thread, or any thread in B&C for weeks? No. I mean, I guess he talks to himself once in a while in his own thread, but that's it. At this point, he seems to associate this section with people he considers unworthy of his time, so all he does anymore is flame various active threads with antagonistic one-liners. Meanwhile, he actually bothers to make posts of consequence every now and again in EYKIW.

Schloop is clearly asking for a suspension from B&C, might as well give it to him.

Has he made one positive contribution to this thread, or any thread in B&C for weeks? No. I mean, I guess he talks to himself once in a while in his own thread, but that's it. At this point, he seems to associate this section with people he considers unworthy of his time, so all he does anymore is flame various active threads with antagonistic one-liners. Meanwhile, he actually bothers to make posts of consequence every now and again in EYKIW.

Schloop is clearly asking for a suspension from B&C, might as well give it to him.

Hmmmm ok. I guess he's never really bothered me and I was curious why his post got that kind of a reaction.

I don't know, he's annoying as fuck but plenty of people in these parts never hesitate to shit on whatever it is they dislike, even if it's in a dedicated thread for a specific band.

I get that Von Schloopen does a lot of trolling, but, I also think he often gives some of you a taste of your own medicine now and then. If constantly disliking things others like makes for a troll and is grounds for suspension, then a B&C regular or two are fucked.

Neither do I, I can comprehend why he is irritating to some but attacking him for that is simply irrational. Same goes for OasisKid, he cops worse than he gives out.

Neither do I, I can comprehend why he is irritating to some but attacking him for that is simply irrational.

Why? Does he do anything in this section besides purposely rile people up? Sounds like a troll to me.

At least MadForIt, for all his trolling, recommended an album in this thread (Rewind the Tape).

Yes, there are other people who dislike a lot of the music we talk about. But they also post about other things and contribute to the subforum beyond starting a fucking repository for random YouTube clips.

Why? Does he do anything in this section besides purposely rile people up? Sounds like a troll to me.

At least MadForIt, for all his trolling, recommended an album in this thread (Rewind the Tape).

I've had several posts go back and forth with him that do not fit your description.

Back
Top Bottom