The B&C Best Albums of 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
15 Points/1 Vote Albums: Paramore - Paramore and Mogwai - Les Revanants Soundtrack

Paramore was actually the first album voted for in this thread, and it was the only vote it got.

If I wasn't wretched about listening to whole albums in 2013 I would have A) made a list and B) added some love for this. But I was, and I didn't, and didn't, and that is something I have to live with.

An obvious single and a damn good pop song, but also one of the least substantial and rewarding tracks on the album.

I was glad to see Kurt Vile placed so high here, despite my terribly titled thread.

wow well so I completely forgot about this year's Pazz and Jop until now, and Paramore actually came in at #34 out of ~2000 or so. pleasantly surprising to see it pick up that spot since it wasn't one of the Oscar-bait names being circulated that you're guaranteed to see on a bunch of lists- they've got a big sheet that breaks everything down and you can see that it's one of the top albums in terms of enthusiasm from those who did hear it.

I over thought this for a while thinking of my favorite off the album so I just ended up picking my most played.

Paramore: Last Hope (Audio) - YouTube

:up:

Fucking thrilling album. Didn't know it did that well in the Pazz and Jop. Good to hear. This message board sucks.

Strong song choice by the way, mobvok. Close to my top 5 on the album. Fast In My Car was my favorite from first listen and probably always will be, and I'm super fond of Proof and Be Alone.

Fuck it, I'll rank the songs on the album. Not counting the three ukulele interludes, which are all equally brilliant.

1. Fast In My Car
2. Proof
3. Be Alone
4. One Of Those Crazy Girls
5. Grow Up
6. Last Hope
7. Now
8. Still Into You
9. Daydreaming
10. Hate To See Your Heart Break
11. Part II
12. Ain't It Fun
13. Future
14. Anklebiters

And I've said it before, I think, and it's lame, but I'm a U2 fanboy and can't hide it...

Hayley Williams is the closest thing I've ever seen in pop music to Young Bono. Her ridiculous boundless energy on stage, her cockiness on stage, her powerhouse vocals, her lyricism and the Christian connotations that pop up in those lyrics, her diminutive stature, her talent. She seriously reminds me a shit ton of Bono. They're cut from the same cloth.

1. Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
2. Pearl Jam - Lightning Bolt
3. Tame Impala
4. Gangnam Style

Honourable mentions:
Blue The Sky - I Can Play Too
T3mples - .

I'm serious. Well, kidding in that I don't actually have Rocket on infinite loop. The video on the other hand...

Rocket, XO, Drunk in Love like the best songs of 2013

Also Pretty Hurts, Partition, Haunted, Superpower, Blow... it's all great.

Yep that album rules and I'm sure it would've made more lists if it hadn't dropped so late in the year.

I hate to sound like a post-Grammy bandwagoner, but I really should have had Daft Punk somewhere on my list. I certainly listen to it more than half the shit I put on there.

That probably would have pushed it past Nick Cave for the #6 slot, for what it's worth.

Back
Top Bottom