The B&C Best Albums of 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My guess was even more impressive since I had to work in the confines of Peef's deluded mind.

Last edited:
Hey a quick question: I noticed mikal's list only had 10 albums. Is that allowed? I thought you had to list 15, didn't know you could spread more points among fewer albums.

May affect how I finish my list.

Shit. I missed that rule. I'll edit mine tomorrow.

I guess I've allowed it this time. I hate it and think it's cheating the system but I don't feel like putting forth the effort of arguing over it.

Mikal, you're not the only one to do this. I think four lists have ten albums (three plus the one where five albums got "zero" votes).

l DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO HERE, GUYS.

I wasn't trying to get anyone in trouble, but obviously if you list less albums, you're weighting the ones you did pick heavier than everyone else's. So it's going to skew the results.

Sorry, Peef.

l DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO HERE, GUYS.

I wasn't trying to get anyone in trouble, but obviously if you list less albums, you're weighting the ones you did pick heavier than everyone else's. So it's going to skew the results.

Sorry, Peef.

If you're concerned about the weights, you could just use a proportion of the points for ten albums or whatever, so basically you would have 67 points to spread out over 10 rather than 100 over 15.

I don't see the big deal. Not everyone can listen to nine million albums a year. I'll have my list on the 5th my time, so 4th for most of y'all.

No one's calling into question whether only rating ten is valid, it's whether a person ranking ten albums should get the same number of points to work with. By default, if they get the same number, there are less albums they're giving less points to and more albums they're giving more points to, so it's ever so slightly skewed.

If you guys want me to put 5 more albums on my list, I'm still not including The National. :angry:

If you're concerned about the weights, you could just use a proportion of the points for ten albums or whatever, so basically you would have 67 points to spread out over 10 rather than 100 over 15.

I thought about that, but then someone ranking 15 albums could give 95 points to their top 10. If it were up to me, I would just deduct one point from albums 6-10.

If I were to vote for the band "Baritone Coldplay", would that vote count for The National?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Well, a few National songs do have piano, so that's obviously an accurate description.

Back
Top Bottom