The B&C Best Albums of 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reflektor may not reach the level of The Suburbs, but it's still a very good album, and an excellent one if you knock out a couple of tracks.

And with that, here's my list. Perhaps a bit predictable at #1 around these parts, although I don't think anyone else has put it at the top yet, and it doesn't seem to be going very high on a lot of year end lists, either.

1. The National - Trouble Will Find Me (14)
2. Tegan & Sara - Heartthrob (13)
3. Russian Circles - Memorial (11)
4. Disclosure - Settle (10)
5. Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest (10)
6. Lucius - Wildewoman (7)
7. Chvrches - The Bones Of What You Believe (7)
8. God Is An Astronaut - Origins (6)
9. Daft Punk - Random Access Memories (6)
10. My Bloody Valentine - m b v (5)
11. Arcade Fire - Reflektor (4)
12. Washed Out - Paracosm (3)
13. Kanye West - Yeezus (2)
14. Sigur Rós - Kveikur (1)
15. Okkervil River - The Silver Gymnasium (1)

Honorable Mentions:

Cut Copy - Free Your Mind
HAIM - Days Are Gone
Lorde - Pure Heroine
Pearl Jam - Lightning Bolt
Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing

Am I the only one who enjoyed Shaking the Habitual? I got into every track, even if a lot of them aren't songs I'll go back to very often.

The Phoenix album is the epitome of average.

8. God Is An Astronaut - Origins (6)

:up:

Not sure whether it's been mentioned here yet, but Rolling Stone has also given their #1 position to Vampire Weekend. The National were #8.

About Vampire Weekend: "It's one of rock's great albums about staring down adulthood and trying not to blink..." Yeah, I don't know about that.

Funny about the Arcade Fire comments. It's going to be my #1 album when I release my list.

Well as we're all painfully aware, it won't be the first time people pretended to like an Arcade Fire album.

There are only two possible positions on Ordinary Love: either you like it and therefore are a blind sheep, or you don't like it, meaning you do not understand U2 and you need to find a new band.

I'm in the latter. I have begun to branch out beyond U2. Have you guys heard of this great band called Imagine Dragons? I mean, they're no U2, but I think they could be the next U2.

I'm in the latter. I have begun to branch out beyond U2. Have you guys heard of this great band called Imagine Dragons? I mean, they're no U2, but I think they could be the next U2.

Bands I know:

U2
Coldplay
Bon Jovi
Rush
Rolling Stones, but only as a cliche about cash-grab tours that I actually know nothing at all about

Do you guys like Creed at all? I've rediscovered them. Too bad I never got to see them live.

You guys ever hear a U2 song called Window in the Skies? Recently saw some article mentioning this song and have no idea what it's referring to.

Please tell me your joking. First you diss Rush, now this? :sad:

Lol

Scott Stapp is amazing. Reminds me of a young Bono with the range of Eddie Vedder. It's like they joined forces to create a super lead vocalist.

I love the chorus of With Arms Wide Open. The way he pronounces those words is something special.

Back
Top Bottom