The appreciation thread for the GOD like genius that is STEVE HARLEY!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmmm

Refugee
Don't think I've seen a thread for Steve so far, so here we go, an appreciation for the most underrated singer songwriter this great country has produced!
Seen the guy many times in the past, went to Leeds Cockpit last night, what a show, opening with the incredible Ritz, (what a way to open a show) Steve and the band gave over 2 hours of musical perfection, with other gems such as Coast of Amalfi, Journey's End, Judy Teen, Cavaliers, Sebastian. Loves A Prima Donna, Lighthouse, Hideaway, and Smile, took my 17 year old son, who, although familiar with some of the bands songs was more a take it or leave it, before the show, afterwards he told me it was definetly one of the best he'd ever seen,(he's seen U2, Radiohead, Muse, & Morrissey among others) an absolutely fantastic night as ever when I see this genius perform.

This is the "Come Up and See Me (Make Me Smile)" singer, right? That's all I know of him, from over on this side of the pond. Great song.

Although I was watching some random show Thanksgiving night about the story of how Phantom of the Opera came to be a musical, and apparently he was the original actor playing the Phantom! You learn something new every day.

Thats his most famous song, but he's written so many classics, imo he's on a par with Bowie as a truly great innovative song writer,

If anyone's at a loose end in Brum on 24th Nov., The genius that is Steve Harley, is playing at the Symphony Hall, with full orchestra & choir, and will be performing the Human Menagerie, & The Psychomodo albums in full :drool:

There will not be a better show anywhere in the UK this year, even if Mr. Bowie himself, or U2 play a show.

Isn't that the guy who wears a bunch of double breasted suits with seven inch wide lapels on Family Feud?

You're a fucking walking paradox
No he's not.

Since this thread has been derailed already, remember when people actually cared about Odd Future? That shit has not aged well, unsurprisingly. (Yonkers is still pretty ace tho)

bollox said:
No he's not.

Since this thread has been derailed already, remember when people actually cared about Odd Future? That shit has not aged well, unsurprisingly. (Yonkers is still pretty ace tho)

I'm glad it only took a year.

No he's not.

I still care. The two songs that have come out from the new album are both dope.

bollox said:
"Fuck Steve Harley."
- Tyler the Creator

All of a sudden, I'm curious about this Steve Harley guy...

Seriously though, I'm not a Steve Harvey fan either.

All of a sudden, I'm curious about this Steve Harley guy...

Seriously though, I'm not a Steve Harvey fan either.

Listen to Sebastian, Death Trip, The Cavaliers, Ritz, It Wasn't Me, Back To The Farm, Last Feast, Tumbling Down, I guarantee you'll want to hear more!

This made me look him up. And listen to some Cockney Rebel tracks. I'll definitely be exploring further. I'm a sucker for 70s English Glam rock. I'm a few tracks into Psychomodo and it's giving me a Boomtown Rats vibe. Which is a very good thing.

Wait, he's the singer for Cockney Rebel? They rock!

Yeah. He's pretty much a freak. I saw this album cover and knew I was in for a treat.

images

'Stump up my speed fee… Make me smile!' Steve Harley back in charts after Top Gear appeal

ROCK legend Steve Harley has made a sensational return to the charts - thanks to an appeal from Top Gear to pay his speeding fine.

Finally, amongst all the guff & drivel that pollutes the UK chart a bit of class!

Jesus Christ, this thread title is worse than the smiths/morrissey one.

Unfortunately after peaking at 26 on Tues. it's down to 36 now, so probably won't make top 40 by Sunday, big shame, especially when you look at the fucking drivel infesting the charts nowadays, ah well those of us lucky enough to have grown up in the late '60's early '70's really did have the best of times when it comes to music.:up:

Saturday April 23rd Steve will be performing the Rock for Ronson tribute concert at Hull City Hall,in memory of the late great Mick Ronson, Mick's hugely talented daughter, Lisa will be performing with Steve as will the immensely talented some time Bowie guitarist Earl Slick, apparently a few tickets still remain for what promises to be a fantastic night.

Back
Top Bottom