The Album You Just Finished Listening To (Part VIII)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
41EYLwENNmL._SS500_.jpg

51h0U2GXWoL._SS500_.jpg

51C9eD-340L._SS500_.jpg

41F1RNnNziL._SS500_.jpg

51MnO1kBbRL._SS500_.jpg

Deluxe was one of my favorite albums when I was younger and I still enjoy it. I had never got around to hearing the followup from Better Than Ezra, Friction Baby, until just now (aside from the hits of course, "King Of New Orleans" and "Desperately Wanting"). For the most part, a lot of it just sounds like B-side strength material from the previous effort although they occasionally go beyond their reach with something like "Normal Town"

Anyway, this band never amounted to much after, but it was fun to hear an album that I always had meant to get around to buying when I was a teenager.

I always liked friction baby and thought deluxe had nothing to offer past its singles. :shrug: but with that band it is probably just a nostalgia thing, since the second album was the first one I heard.

Finally got around to buying/listening to Jonathan Boulet's self-titled debut - love it. Can't wait for his new one, I heard the new single on the radio the other day. :up:

I had a Moody Blues listening party-ish thing and listened to all of these albums on vinyl-

themoodyblues-insearchoflostchord-cover.jpg

129582.jpg

l19350.jpg

the_moody_blues-every_good_boy_deserves_favour(1).jpg

Such good album covers- and great albums themselves! I also listened to Mylo Xyloto (Coldplay), Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd), and Best of The Boomtown Rats on an airplane recently...

The helio sequence keep your eyes ahead
Here we go magic self titled
Pains at being pure at heart self titled ep

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - The Firstborn Is Dead

I initially didn't think I'd like early Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, but this one, their second record, is a great one. A demented country & blues record (which, as it is Nick Cave, doesn't sound anything like country or blues at all). The song which sucked me in was Tupelo, as I already liked that one from their Best Of collections. But songs like Train Long-Suffering, Knocking On Joe and the Dylan cover Wanted Man are great too. Glad I jumped in this early.

I just indulged in awesomeness today:

Guided By Voices - Bee Thousand (A)
Japandroids - Celebration Rock (A-)
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (A)
The Ronettes - Presenting the Fabulous Ronettes Featuring Veronica (A)
Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul (A)

Back
Top Bottom