The Airborne Toxic Event!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I have only heard their song "Sometime Around Midnight." They sound pretty good! I like their sound effects and the singer's voice! Are there any fans? Should I buy their new album?

I really like the album, but Sometime Around Midnight isn't totally indicative of what the album is like. The album is rather rock-a-billy, imho.

I love Wishing Well. (It's in some car commercial, too.)

anyyyybody going to this concert in chicago in a couple weeks?

I really like the album, but Sometime Around Midnight isn't totally indicative of what the album is like. The album is rather rock-a-billy, imho.

Rockabilly? Hmm. Interesting...I do like some rockabilly here and there. May have to keep an eye out for this album as well :).

It's been a while since I've heard "Sometime Around Midnight", I should go listen to that song again. I liked the lyrics in it.

Angela

Sometime Around Midnight is pretty decent.

Rest of the album is horrible, like you stumbled into some dive-y bar in LA and a shitty rockabilly band with stadium aspirations was on stage.

Sometime Around Midnight is pretty decent.

Rest of the album is horrible, like you stumbled into some dive-y bar in LA and a shitty rockabilly band with stadium aspirations was on stage.

agreed. and then once you hear "sometime around midnight" a handful of times, it starts to suck as well.

I think Gasoline and Wishing Well are pretty damn good songs.
It's a good debut album, it just doesn't all sound like Sometime Around Midnight.
I'm curious how they are live.

I like "Sometime Around Midnight", but I don't really dig the rest of the songs on the album.

agreed. and then once you hear "sometime around midnight" a handful of times, it starts to suck as well.

WTF?? I put "Sometime Around Midnight" on repeat and listened to it 5 times in a row!! The vilolins and the depth of the lyrics get better and better with each listen. You must be tone-deaf. :|

WTF?? I put "Sometime Around Midnight" on repeat and listened to it 5 times in a row!! The vilolins and the depth of the lyrics get better and better with each listen. You must be tone-deaf. :|
That's cool broceratops, a few people have mentioned that they find the record to be shallow and unrewarding. We're not attacking your personal opinion or anything.

I'm not really a Pitchfork fan, usually make up my own mind about music.

I just think "versatile" is being mistaken for "copycat" for this album. They may as well have written "This is our U2 song, This is our Interpol song, This is our Rockabilly bar band song" next to the song titles on the back of the CD case.

Point taken, but does U2 or Interpol have an violints in their band? Nowadays, many bands are "copying" from U2. Their music is influencing so many bands. So, does that mean any band that does sound like U2 should be "thrown in the trash?" Everybody is "borrowing" the Edge's unique riffs. I say, go for it, let the music scene sound like that than the Jonas Brothers. They still have their own style apart from U2 or Interpol. But I think Kings of Leon is more like U2 than this band. I do see the Interpol connection, though. But this band speaks to me more with their humbleness and vulernability like no other band I know.

P.S. Interpol sounds like Joy Division that doesn't keep me from listening to them and that shouldn't keep you from listening to them, either.

You must be tone-deaf. :|

:rolleyes: yeah, i don't agree with you 100%, so that must be it. glad to see that you're still a moron.

P.S. Interpol sounds like Joy Division that doesn't keep me from listening to them and that shouldn't keep you from listening to them, either.

no, it's the reason i checked them out back when they came out. but in the end, it just made me want to listen to joy division instead. :shrug:

I saw them live earlier this year at an Amnesty Benefit for the Neda project. They are really interesting live. I'm not a huge fan of the album; my preference is more with the way that they sound on "Sometime around midnight". But, watching them live was definitely a treat.

Back
Top Bottom