The Airborne Toxic Event!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All 4 songs off the ep are out there to sample now. The ep is out Monday (not Tuesday???). I am pretty excited to see them for the first time next month. Their first single, Timeless, was a good effort, but nothing could prepare me for the magic in these 3 other songs to be released shortly. I find them all better than Timeless, but that's just me. Looks like Such Hot Blood is going to be my big album for the summer.

Looks like they've got a decent marketing push for this material. Probably why they released the EP... a la Imagine Dragons style.

The Secret EP is pretty good. "Safe" is the most redundant song but due to it's strong musical writing, easily my favorite.

"The Storm" kinda goes a bit over my head.

"Timeless" of course is great.

Aand "The Secret" is a pretty cool song.

Both "The Secret" and "Safe" are going to rock the roof off of the building performed live. Also, it sounds to me like the goodies that will be released with the album are "Bride & Groom" and "The Fifth Day", seeing as we already know all of the songs.

It'll probably be like the other albums, 10 or 11 tracks. We know 10 or 11 tracks:

- Timeless
- The Secret
- The Storm
- Safe
- This is London
- Bride & Groom
- Such Hot Blood
- The Fifth Day
- What's in a Name
- True Love
- Elizabeth

Mikel has mentioned the title track as his favorite on the album. Since that time though, long ago, he's also said "Bride & Groom" was his favorite. There's a possibility that those two are indeed the same track, although I can't confirm that.

And... I imagine the reason the album was delayed is not because it's not finished. I imagine it was delayed because they're waiting for the EP to get more popular and have Timeless break the mainstream.

What a great band and it seems like they are on the brink of really hitting it big. The new music is just awesome, kinda wished it was the new U2 album I was listening/liking so much. Saw them in Hartford again last month and they were unbelievable.... I can't believe I'm about to say this but when these guys are on they might rival U2 in there live shows :reject:

What a great band and it seems like they are on the brink of really hitting it big. The new music is just awesome, kinda wished it was the new U2 album I was listening/liking so much. Saw them in Hartford again last month and they were unbelievable.... I can't believe I'm about to say this but when these guys are on they might rival U2 in there live shows :reject:

couldn't agree more.. love these guys.. and their live shows wow! I have seen them a couple times and loved it. Anna is so kick ass.

Seeing them in May.. Can't wait!:hyper:

They are like my other U2 :)

Only two bands I've seen more than twice.

U2:
October 2009 - MSG - R&R Hall of Fame Benefit Concert
June 2011 - Miami - 360 Tour
July 2011 - Philadelphia - 360 Tour
July 2011 - New Meadowlands - 360 Tour

TATE:
May 2011 - Ft. Lauderdale
May 2011 - Orlando
November 2011 - Tampa
November 2011 - Orlando
May 2012 - Washington, D.C.
September 2012 - Denver

aaaand

May 2013 - Orlando
May 2013 - Tampa
May 2013 - West Palm Beach
May 2013 - Washington, D.C.
May 2013 - Boston

!

The only one I've yet to get a ticket for (thank you Amy!) is West Palm, and that's because I really don't want to go to SunFest. I might skip that one :p

They are like my other U2 :)

Only two bands I've seen more than twice.

U2:
October 2009 - MSG - R&R Hall of Fame Benefit Concert
June 2011 - Miami - 360 Tour
July 2011 - Philadelphia - 360 Tour
July 2011 - New Meadowlands - 360 Tour

TATE:
May 2011 - Ft. Lauderdale
May 2011 - Orlando
November 2011 - Tampa
November 2011 - Orlando
May 2012 - Washington, D.C.
September 2012 - Denver

aaaand

May 2013 - Orlando
May 2013 - Tampa
May 2013 - West Palm Beach
May 2013 - Boston

!

The only one I've yet to get a ticket for (thank you Amy!) is West Palm, and that's because I really don't want to go to SunFest. I might skip that one :p

impressive! :D

so did you get the ticket in the mail???

Unless it arrived today (which it might have), as of last night when I last picked the mail up it wasn't there.

I'll let you know as soon as I get it!

I'm in love with this sweet EP. My favourites are precisely in the reverse order that they are listed.

This :up:

I have to admit that in some way I want these guys to stay under the radar and not be the "Next Big Thing" just so we can enjoy them as unjaded as they are right now - I know I know never gonna happen. I met them both times beforee the Webster Shows and they are all so nice, although I have a feeling they looked at me and said who let in the old geezer.

I've seen them at the Ritz Ybor. Just thought that was funny :p

Also.. The State Theatre is in Ybor too, isn't it?

The main reason why they're doing this mega push is because they need to continue to be backed by a record label if they want to succeed, and they need a UK label. I don't think they want to even be part of the machine.

I've seen them at the Ritz Ybor. Just thought that was funny :p

Also.. The State Theatre is in Ybor too, isn't it?

The main reason why they're doing this mega push is because they need to continue to be backed by a record label if they want to succeed, and they need a UK label. I don't think they want to even be part of the machine.

Yes State theater is in YBOR but I have been spending most of my time in CT lately because of my Mom and Uncle are sick so spending time up here and freezing, I still have business and residence in FL.

Could you guys tell me how the get The Secret? Does any stores carry this?

They premiered The Fifth Day last Friday in Boston. It was magical. Got to see them in Boston, and both DC nights. Got five picks in total, two flicked and three given to me, so hot hands!

They also played A Letter to Georgia during night 2 DC. That's my favorite Airborne song... the last time they played it... November 2011. Orlando. I was there. How lucky I am.

Also, it sounds like I convinced the bassist, Noah, to go out for drinks with my friends and I in Tampa on my 21st birthday after the show :p

They premiered The Fifth Day last Friday in Boston. It was magical. Got to see them in Boston, and both DC nights.

I was at the Boston show too. Where were you standing? My friend and I were on the barrier right in front of the speaker closest to Noah.

Got five picks in total, two flicked and three given to me, so hot hands!

I kept missing catching a pick... they kept going over my head. :lol: I had to settle for handshakes from Noah and Steven at the end of the show, and a HUGE unexpected hug from Mikel :D

Also, it sounds like I convinced the bassist, Noah, to go out for drinks with my friends and I in Tampa on my 21st birthday after the show :p

Nice! That would be pretty cool.

I was directly in front of Noah three people back, so very close to you. I arrived late because I just got in from DC and had to tour MIT as well so I got in line at 6pm.

I actually saw DC 2 and Boston without sleeping in between. Was pretty kickass. Plus I knew they were premiering the fifth day, mikel told me in DC.

oh my god.. take me with u! hhhhhhhhhhe is dropdead gorgeous!:drool:

I was on rail right in front of Noah on DC nite 1... The barrier was right next to the stage so they were close so many times! it was awesome!

Wish I could of gone to nite 2.. :(

Surely we must've bumped into each other night 1 then. I was on the rail in front of Mikel. When he sat on the rail for Book of Love I was the first person on his right.

Wow , jealous. *lurking here until EU dates are announced* :hyper:

Jey, going to my first TATE show ever, in a small venue here in the Netherlands. :hyper:
I'm going all by myself though, not really looking forward to that, although I can manage.
No EU fans in this thread who care to join me?

I went to my first Airborne show alone. At first I wasn't too pleased, but I fell in love quickly. I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Okay ! Dream came true, seeing them in 2 days in a super small venue in Utrecht.
Going alone but fuck it, may meet nice new people and gonna enjoy myself. :hyper:

Can't wait. Tomorrow is going to be a looooooong day of work.

Back
Top Bottom