The Airborne Toxic Event!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go to the Facebook thread and go back 1 page, read what ryancoke71 wrote. You need to alter your Facebook news feed to allow everyone to show up in your news feed (as opposed to those you interact with most).

I get an opportunity to see them on many dates. I'm out west when they're out west (and so is U2 :) ), I'll be in New York or DC this summer, and then they're around here for Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale. So excited.

Go to the Facebook thread and go back 1 page, read what ryancoke71 wrote. You need to alter your Facebook news feed to allow everyone to show up in your news feed (as opposed to those you interact with most).

I get an opportunity to see them on many dates. I'm out west when they're out west (and so is U2 :) ), I'll be in New York or DC this summer, and then they're around here for Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale. So excited.

Thanks.

I'm really psyched for their show in a month.

It's cool that they offered Goodbye Horses as a free download. I've got to get out and get their new album.

Yeah I need to get it as well!

I've got my tix for Ft. Lauderdale and I'm considering grabbing more for Orlando even though I'd have to drive up here. Only if one of my friends from JAX is willing to go though.

Went to see them last night at the Troubadour in LA. For 20 bucks! :)
Tiny tiny club. They are doing a show every night this week. I am trying to get tickets for Friday nights show at the Ford Amphitheatre but it's sold out.

If you get the chance, go see them they are so so great live. LOVE them.

Wow, that was a fantastic show last night.
I'm bummed that I missed them the last time they were in town, but considering it was opposite seeing U2 in Vegas, what's a fan to do?

They are just awesome live--tons of energy, incredibly talented, lots of fun. I'm blown away.

Oh, and the new album is very good, too.

Hmm... odd situation now.

Show 1 is tomorrow for me... and I have a last minute dropout. So now I'm sitting on two tickets but one attendee. I still think I'm going, but I don't know what to do with the other ticket :|

Hmm... odd situation now.

Show 1 is tomorrow for me... and I have a last minute dropout. So now I'm sitting on two tickets but one attendee. I still think I'm going, but I don't know what to do with the other ticket :|

Our show sold out, so you might be able to sell it out front of yours.

Right... quite honestly it's not even in my interest to sell it. I mean, sure, face value if someone wants it.

I'd just rather someone was coming with me. But I've gotten the same response from the few people I've asked. 'Never heard of them'.
:doh:

Right... quite honestly it's not even in my interest to sell it. I mean, sure, face value if someone wants it.

I'd just rather someone was coming with me. But I've gotten the same response from the few people I've asked. 'Never heard of them'.
:doh:

I hate twisting people's arms to go see shows.
My wife and I see everything together, but now if she's not available, I just go by myself unless I can think of another fan. Too many friends just don't get into live music enough.

They have a bunch of YouTube videos up. Maybe you could tell someone to watch a couple and get their interest up.

Eh... it's a last minute effort. I'll see what I can do lol. Such a joke that I have to convince somebody to go to a concert for free. Ah well. Thing is, most of my friends with any remotely similar musical interests live in Jacksonville, so being here in South Florida makes it hard to attract attention.

My new roommate and brother will be going in Orlando though. Neither of them are fans, but I was able to convince them relatively easily.

First show was phenomenal!

Their encore was really odd though. Included I Fought the Law and Folsom Prison Blues in between Papillon and Missy.

So glad they played Papillon.

So I've missed several opportunities to see them over the past 3 years, including one in Boston 2 weeks ago, so I'm happy they just announced dates in CT and RI for later this year, I hope with multiple choices I'll be able to make one this time!!

I totally got to meet Anna and Mikel after the show, as well! It was awesome!

I told Mikel to sign my ticket, but ignore the second ticket. It was for the fool who didn't join me. He laughed :D

YouTube - ‪The Airborne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight (Live)‬‏

YouTube - ‪06 The Airborne Toxic Event Happiness is Overrated‬‏

Working on editing the other songs because some of my recordings were two songs in one.

Unfortunately, camera died in the middle of Innocence, so I missed that, Papillon, I Fought the Law, Folsom Prison Blues, and Missy. I also skipped a few songs. Also, I have the opening act, Voxhaul Broadcast. They were pretty good.

My videos are copywrite pending, as well.

Night 2 on Friday was awesome (well, not night 2, Orlando!).

YouTube - ‪The Airborne Toxic Event - I Fought the Law & Folsom Prison Blues (Live)‬‏

I met Mikel Jollett again after the concert and he remembered me from the night before! It was awesome!

So, I had a conversation with him and all and apparently he's 37 years old and he never aspired to be a musician at all. He was a successful writer in Los Angeles and then he said he felt like it was his calling one day. He told a bunch of friends that he was starting a Rock band and they all laughed at him... got a few friends together and now they're making music and being famous!

I made everyone wait while we were in conversation, almost as though I knew him lol. It was totally awesome.

Back
Top Bottom