The Airborne Toxic Event!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, they're definitely exhausted. They just got off Europe, had a little break, and then did a double US Tour where they're playing back to back nights in different cities. Pretty intense.

Which is probably the reason they didn't jump off the stage in Tampa after the show. But they still entertained a few fans in the parking lot and had an after party in Tampa.

They also only played 18 songs for their set, as opposed to the 22 or 24 that they'd played at the previous shows. Absent were:

Something New
This Losing
Does This Mean Your Moving On?
The Book of Love (probably wont be played again)
Innocence
Folsom Prison Blues within I Fought the Law within Missy (heh)

I love when they sing Book of Love. It's beautiful. :heart: In Boston, Mikel climbed the rafters onto the balcony like a monkey. At one point I thought he was going to fall.

Oh my lord. What an epic night. Orlando was so much better to this production then Tampa was. It's not even close. Double the amount of people, at least ten times the amount of energy.

I met some of the band last night in Tampa (oddly they invited me to their after party but I'm not 21 and I had Calculus at 9 a.m. the next morning so I had to hit the road)...

Anyways so Steven Chen (the guitarist) recognized me in the crowd (I was on the railing). He was totally jamming with his guitar in my face and I was air guitar'ing back. It was totally awesome. Mikel used me as support to get off stage. Asked how I was doing... during a song. Noah Harmon (bassist) flicked me a pick. I got sprayed with Corona by all three of the bands who performed.

Moving on though. After the show was over Steven started chatting with a few fans who were on the railing. He handed out some set lists and whatnot. But he started talking to me a lot, it was pretty awesome. He was saying how he remembered me from the night before. It was really cool. He commented on my book in my hand (it's finals week, so I brought Carl Sagan's The Demon Haunted World)... I was reading it in between sets to cover for the work I should have been doing.

So yeah, he told a bunch of us to come and hang out outside the tour bus because the rest of the band was there. So we went. A bunch of fans had their photographs taken and whatnot with the band. Eventually enough people had come through that there weren't that many left and we started all having casual conversation and stuff. Steven was telling me about how my Carl Sagan book reminded him that he was reading Contact and that he needed to get back to it lol. I was trying to convince him and the rest of them to play UCF and/or other colleges. A lot of sarcastic yeses.

So eventually it thinned out to about 5 fans and 2 band members (Steven and Mikel). And we went and we fucking had pizza with The Airborne Toxic Event. Best night ever. We were chatting about the confiscated champagne bottle that mysteriously exploded on stage/the cork that hit me... Bono's 4 inch heels (I started the conversation naturally - Steven and Noah were debating over who was taller between themselves)... they are really down to Earth.

Oh, and the drummer Darren gave me 'big props' for reading Carl Sagan. He said he liked him because 'he was a big promoter of the Canabis'. Made me chuckle.

For a final concert of the year... it couldn't have been more perfect.

Double nice!!

When TATE is on (which is 99.9 percent of the time), they are the best live band going.
Sorry U2 :reject:

I agree. Mostly due to the fact that while U2 doesn't like that audience barrier, TATE obliterates the barrier (and plays phenomenally live, as well).

awesome story Lucky! :hyper:

I went to the Baltimore and DC shows. Both were amazing but the DC show was just insane.. Sold out show.. Mikel climbing on the balcony. We got I fought the law.. Love that song. Mikel stayed after the show, sitting on the stage but I couldn't stay had to work the next day.. :( One of these days I will get to meet them I hope.

Hope they get a nice long break.. they so deserve it.

That is awesome that they are so fan friendly.

Good for you Lucky. I'll have to at least shake their hands some time.

I haven't run into a band like that since Remy Zero.
(I loved them with all of my heart and enjoyed talking with them after they played.)

Also, I am hoping to work on my recording of the May Minneapolis show while on vacation next week, so please bug me here to share it with you guys so I get it finished.

Last edited:
Okay, I remembered to load the full file on my computer, so I'm halfway there, right? :wink:

Keep poking next week.
I really need to get this done (or it will sit for years like my Snow Patrol recording has).

That is awesome that they are so fan friendly.

Good for you Lucky. I'll have to at least shake their hands some time.

I haven't run into a band like that since Remy Zero.
(I loved them with all of my heart and enjoyed talking with them after they played.)

I used to love Remy Zero!! Are they back together?

I used to love Remy Zero!! Are they back together?

I don't believe so. They had a cryptic message posted for a long time about getting back together, but nothing yet.
I love their music, and they are really nice guys, too.
Cinjin Tate and his brother formed the band Spartan Fidelity for a bit--a similar sound, but not the greatness of Remy.

This was about a month ago, just figured I'd share because I'm really, really bored:

Airborne Toxic Event ‏ @Airborne_Toxic
Much activity here. Music getting written, then played, then written and played and written and played and.. Updates soon. xx Anna

Figured an initial Fall single followed by some promo touring and a early 2013 release.

This was about a month ago, just figured I'd share because I'm really, really bored:

Airborne Toxic Event ‏ @Airborne_Toxic
Much activity here. Music getting written, then played, then written and played and written and played and.. Updates soon. xx Anna

Figured an initial Fall single followed by some promo touring and a early 2013 release.

Yeppers. saw that.. and looking forward to new music and a tour.. :up:

Getting to see TATE on Saturday, will be #5!

Incubus
Cake
Airborne Toxic Event
AWOLNATION
Angels & Airwaves
Neon Trees
Civil Twilight
Twin Atlantic

DC101 Chili Cookoff. Crazy excited. Could be concert of the year.

Okay, I remembered to load the full file on my computer, so I'm halfway there, right? :wink:

Keep poking next week.
I really need to get this done (or it will sit for years like my Snow Patrol recording has).

Still slowly working on it, but it is a relatively nice recording. Hopefully will finish in the next 2 weeks.

And OMG!!!!! am I tempted to try and get to Vegas to see them play at the Hard Rock pool in July.

I know a lot of internet peeps going. The small crew that is the TATE diehards on the internet. I can only imagine that's a memory waiting to happen. Poolflippingside.

Getting to see TATE on Saturday, will be #5!

Incubus
Cake
Airborne Toxic Event
AWOLNATION
Angels & Airwaves
Neon Trees
Civil Twilight
Twin Atlantic

DC101 Chili Cookoff. Crazy excited. Could be concert of the year.

I love Angels & Airwaves, and I haven't seen Cake in years. That will be awesome.

Obviously there for TATE, don't really care about Incubus (weird, huh? Go to a festival but not for the headliner), love A&A, excited about Neon Trees, Civil Twilight, and Twin Atlantic.

Cake... not really a fan of either though. So I guess I can leave after TATE or hang around. Depends who I'm there with and if they're itching to go home by then :lol:

Obviously there for TATE, don't really care about Incubus (weird, huh? Go to a festival but not for the headliner), love A&A, excited about Neon Trees, Civil Twilight, and Twin Atlantic.

Cake... not really a fan of either though. So I guess I can leave after TATE or hang around. Depends who I'm there with and if they're itching to go home by then :lol:

having seen Civil Twilight several times when they played to less than 200 people I have to say they are not to be missed! They have grown so much over the past 3 yrs as a band and their performances now their show are brillant. Love those guys! Very down to earth and nice to talk to.

So the show last night at the Troubadour was incredible. It was a great crowd and the cellphone/camera ban worked as planned. I didn't see one person taking video or pictures. They debuted 4 songs and should be touring in the Spring. :hyper:

The bolded songs are the new ones. My favorites were London and Safe.

Setlist:

All At Once
Wishing Well
The Secret
Timeless
The Book of Love
(The Magnetic Fields cover)
Half of Something Else
Goodbye Horses
Elizabeth
Numb
Happiness is Overrated
This Losing
Changing
What's in a Name
Echo Park
This is London
All I Ever Wanted
Safe
The Kids Are Ready to Die
Welcome to Your Wedding Day
Sometime Around Midnight
Innocence
Encore:
Fifth Day
The Graveyard Near The House
Encore 2:
Does This Mean You're Moving On?
Gasoline
Missy / I'm on Fire / I Fought the Law / Missy

So the show last night at the Troubadour was incredible. It was a great crowd and the cellphone/camera ban worked as planned. I didn't see one person taking video or pictures. They debuted 4 songs and should be touring in the Spring. :hyper:

The bolded songs are the new ones. My favorites were London and Safe.

Setlist:

All At Once
Wishing Well
The Secret
Timeless
The Book of Love
(The Magnetic Fields cover)
Half of Something Else
Goodbye Horses
Elizabeth
Numb
Happiness is Overrated