The 2nd Annual Yuletide Playlist Exchange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
lifeonadistantplanet_01.jpg
lifeonadistantplanet_05.jpg
lifeonadistantplanet_06.jpg
lifeonadistantplanet_07.jpg

Some of you may perhaps remember the first time I proposed the idea that we share playlists in an Interference Secret Santa type deal with a B&C twist. It went well, but not everyone received their lists, and it was a bit sloppy. This is understandable, considering how swamped people can be during the holidays, but I just wasn't up to it last year. This year, however, with a new Desert Island looming, I figured it would be nice for the regulars to get some playlist practice, as well as reintroduce the concept of the exchange for any B&C newcomers.

The concept

Interferencers of any particular music taste sign up and have their names placed in a hat or other cylindrical device that allows for randomization. Then, based on the results, they are given the name of the person they are to make a playlist for via PM. The names will likely be distributed by December 1 to allow maximum time to make the lists, but it could perhaps be done sooner if slots (up to 20) fill up quickly. 16 slots are allocated for the time being, but could be increased to 20 if the demand is there.

Rules

• The length of a playlist is one disc, or 80 minutes. You may make a shorter list if you feel that works out better, but understand that you will likely come across as a pretentious dick.
  • Flow is irrelevant. No voting is occurring, so just have fun and use whatever songs you feel make your list palatable to your recipient.
  • Song choices are unlimited and unrestricted. You may use a theme if you so desire, but there are no formal limitations. Make a list that suits their taste, introduce them to new music, or fuck with their minds. Whatever. Even Christmas music is acceptable.
  • File size shouldn't be too extravagant, but if you don't know what your recipient's internet situation is like (some are downloading from inferior/limited school interwebz), make sure to take that into consideration. Also remember that everyone can play MP3s, but AACs or M4As can be a pain.
  • PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ZIP YOUR FILES BEFORE SENDING THEM INSTEAD OF MAKING US DOWNLOAD THEM INDIVIDUALLY UGH. If you don't know how to upload and/or zip files, please don't hesitate to ask me in this thread or via PM. I don't want technical mumbo jumbo to squelch the holiday spirit.
  • Please remember to tag your files. If your recipient LOVES the song you're sending them but have no idea what the hell it is, what good is it? It's no big deal, since Google exists, but please be considerate.

Important dates

• December 1 - Names are drawn and distributed
  • December 23 - Send your files to whoever you were assigned to

The List (probably won't check twice, and no one is being reserved spots, so if you're truly interested, make that clear)

1. LemonMelon

:waiting:

I am totally interested. By the way, I am no longer a PM member so I can't receive PMs anymore. I will just drop my e-mail in this thread when that time comes.

Alrighty.

1. LemonMelon
2. bono_212
3. Joey788
4. Screwtape2
5. Cute Irish Bono

I am totally interested. By the way, I am no longer a PM member so I can't receive PMs anymore. I will just drop my e-mail in this thread when that time comes.

Doesn't everyone have 25? I am not a paying member and I get 25 (inbox and outbox total). You just might need to delete old ones.

I'm not trying to be rude, but seriously, you were told several times during DI that you are able to get PMs as a non-premie now. It's frustrating to have to repeat things time after time after time.

The PMs I have I want to keep they are good conversations I had people from U2 Interference. I have like over 400 messages. I could get to 100 but that still is not enough to receive more. I look at the messages from time to time, believe it or not. I just don't see the problem with e-mail, it works the same way.

I want more names than what we have now, so I'm going to be diplomatic and not argue about it.

Note: If you get CIB, use email.

i guess i am in. i tend to stay out of the playlist thing, and miss the long-gone ICDE because i am old and still prefer tangible discs, appreciate flow, and blame itunes for ruining a piece of my youth...yadda yadda blah blah blah.

but at any rate, i'm down. at least i don't have to tell any of you people where i live. i suppose i'll delete my PM box now.

Of course!

So, alright, it's the 1st, but we don't even have half the names at this point, so the date to exchange names will obviously have to be extended.

i have a potential playlist ready...with adjustments to be made based on who i get. i don't exactly know everyones music tastes here, anyone care to summarize so i don't make a list someone totally hates? maybe we could each give a brief description of what we like? i have pretty diverse taste myself so i'm hoping to give whoever music to their liking they may not have heard before

Unless you have, in your spare time, found some way to divide 9 evenly...no. We need moar names.

So if we get one more name we can start. We don't need to get to our original plan of 16 players, right?

If so, we need one more volunteer to get the ball rolling! :)

If we don't, you all get coal.

Namely, a copy of Mariah Carey's new Christmas album. So stakes are high.

You're just jealous that I won a free copy of her new album from an internet radio station and you didn't. Don't hate

LemonMelon, I just to throw an idea out there just for the heck of it. How about 3 groups and we give our playlists to two people instead of one?

I am running of time because I am going home soon for the holiday break and my computer at home won't have my files. I have a desktop computer. I have a playlist in mind but I don't want to start all the files stuff until I know for sure the numbers will work. I want to squeeze in the extra time during finals week if it is going to happen. Does that method above sound feasible?

Back
Top Bottom