The 2nd Annual Yuletide Playlist Exchange - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
The Male

Local Time: 03:00 PM
The 2nd Annual Yuletide Playlist Exchange

Some of you may perhaps remember the first time I proposed the idea that we share playlists in an Interference Secret Santa type deal with a B&C twist. It went well, but not everyone received their lists, and it was a bit sloppy. This is understandable, considering how swamped people can be during the holidays, but I just wasn't up to it last year. This year, however, with a new Desert Island looming, I figured it would be nice for the regulars to get some playlist practice, as well as reintroduce the concept of the exchange for any B&C newcomers.

The concept

Interferencers of any particular music taste sign up and have their names placed in a hat or other cylindrical device that allows for randomization. Then, based on the results, they are given the name of the person they are to make a playlist for via PM. The names will likely be distributed by December 1 to allow maximum time to make the lists, but it could perhaps be done sooner if slots (up to 20) fill up quickly. 16 slots are allocated for the time being, but could be increased to 20 if the demand is there.

Rules
  • The length of a playlist is one disc, or 80 minutes. You may make a shorter list if you feel that works out better, but understand that you will likely come across as a pretentious dick.
  • Flow is irrelevant. No voting is occurring, so just have fun and use whatever songs you feel make your list palatable to your recipient.
  • Song choices are unlimited and unrestricted. You may use a theme if you so desire, but there are no formal limitations. Make a list that suits their taste, introduce them to new music, or fuck with their minds. Whatever. Even Christmas music is acceptable.
  • File size shouldn't be too extravagant, but if you don't know what your recipient's internet situation is like (some are downloading from inferior/limited school interwebz), make sure to take that into consideration. Also remember that everyone can play MP3s, but AACs or M4As can be a pain.
  • PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ZIP YOUR FILES BEFORE SENDING THEM INSTEAD OF MAKING US DOWNLOAD THEM INDIVIDUALLY UGH. If you don't know how to upload and/or zip files, please don't hesitate to ask me in this thread or via PM. I don't want technical mumbo jumbo to squelch the holiday spirit.
  • Please remember to tag your files. If your recipient LOVES the song you're sending them but have no idea what the hell it is, what good is it? It's no big deal, since Google exists, but please be considerate.

Important dates
  • December 1 - Names are drawn and distributed
  • December 23 - Send your files to whoever you were assigned to

The List (probably won't check twice, and no one is being reserved spots, so if you're truly interested, make that clear)

1. LemonMelon

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Let's do this thing.

IOW, yes, I am truly interested.

Old 11-26-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 06:00 PM
I'm in
Old 11-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
I'm in.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I am totally interested. By the way, I am no longer a PM member so I can't receive PMs anymore. I will just drop my e-mail in this thread when that time comes.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #6
The Male

Alrighty.

1. LemonMelon
2. bono_212
3. Joey788
4. Screwtape2
5. Cute Irish Bono

Now.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:21 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Irish Bono View Post
I am totally interested. By the way, I am no longer a PM member so I can't receive PMs anymore. I will just drop my e-mail in this thread when that time comes.
Doesn't everyone have 25? I am not a paying member and I get 25 (inbox and outbox total). You just might need to delete old ones.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Irish Bono View Post
I'm not trying to be rude, but seriously, you were told several times during DI that you are able to get PMs as a non-premie now. It's frustrating to have to repeat things time after time after time.
Old 11-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

The PMs I have I want to keep they are good conversations I had people from U2 Interference. I have like over 400 messages. I could get to 100 but that still is not enough to receive more. I look at the messages from time to time, believe it or not. I just don't see the problem with e-mail, it works the same way.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #10
The Male

I want more names than what we have now, so I'm going to be diplomatic and not argue about it.

Note: If you get CIB, use email.

Now.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:16 AM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:00 PM
i guess i am in. i tend to stay out of the playlist thing, and miss the long-gone ICDE because i am old and still prefer tangible discs, appreciate flow, and blame itunes for ruining a piece of my youth...yadda yadda blah blah blah.

but at any rate, i'm down. at least i don't have to tell any of you people where i live. i suppose i'll delete my PM box now.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:00 AM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor

That CD exchange always sounded so cool to me. Wish I'd been around back in the day.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:15 AM   #13
The Fly

Local Time: 07:00 PM
i would like to try this, maybe? if i am permitted.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #14
The Male

Of course!

So, alright, it's the 1st, but we don't even have half the names at this point, so the date to exchange names will obviously have to be extended.

Now.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:07 AM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm in.