That one song you would almost consider breaking the 5th commandment to hear live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure if I'm going or not yet. You'd be able to get tix up till show date I reckon, well nearly. They are playing at the Dome. I think that's pretty big for the, especially here.

Acrobat and Pearl Jam's Immortality come to mind immediately.

The most tempting thoughts are also the longest odds to ever happen...

U2 - A Sort of Homecoming
Ride - Taste
The Sundays - My Finest Hour or Goodbye
Doves - Rise or Caught by the River (they dodge the South like the plague)
My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow
Sufjan Stevens - The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades...
REM - Sitting Still

I've only been to one U2 concert ever and that was in Minneapolis in 2005. At the end of the show I was so sure they were going to play 40 and I was so excited because I've always thought experiencing that live would be the most transcendent concert experience imaginable. But they played Vertigo for a second time instead. I feel kind of ungrateful for complaining since they played The First Time that night, which I love but never even dreamed of hearing live, but still....

The most tempting thoughts are also the longest odds to ever happen...

U2 - A Sort of Homecoming
Ride - Taste
The Sundays - My Finest Hour or Goodbye
Doves - Rise or Caught by the River (they dodge the South like the plague)
My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow
Sufjan Stevens - The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades...
REM - Sitting Still

Your first four are all great choices, in my opinion. I wish The Sundays had made more than three albums. My Finest Hour is such a great song, especially for a song thaet pops up at the end of the album.

I've only been to one U2 concert ever and that was in Minneapolis in 2005. At the end of the show I was so sure they were going to play 40 and I was so excited because I've always thought experiencing that live would be the most transcendent concert experience imaginable. But they played Vertigo for a second time instead. I feel kind of ungrateful for complaining since they played The First Time that night, which I love but never even dreamed of hearing live, but still....

That was my one and only U2 concert as well! We also got the world premiere of Crumbs, which is sort of cool. I really did want to hear 40 to end the show, and Vertigo was fun, but not what I was expecting at all to close.

man, split enz blew me away when i saw them at sound relief. i had no idea tim finn was such a lunatic. six months, and that little intro they did before it, fucking ruled, it was probably the highlight of the 9 hours.
:drool:

ian if you can, make sure you see the crowdies before you pass on, they are very good. hugely entertaining show.
I highly recommend it. Always changing the setlist, a lot of fun/banter, and just plain great live :love:

:yes::yes::yes: it's not often you'll laugh often at a gig. but that happens at crowdies.

yes, i hear this is a rarity in bruce terms? is that right? they absolutely thrash it on the radio.
I saw the Audreys play it live once, in a jaunty country kinda way, does that count?

I'm trying to think of songs I haven't seen live, I've seen a lot of my favourites luckily (The First Time at Melbourne II, Enz - Message to my Girl, Crowdies anything :drool: ), so maybe REM do Country Feedback or something?

Let's see... For Green Day, I'd probably kill to see them play Christie Road or Stuart And The Ave.

Hmmm, I've never seen TRAVIS, so just seeing Travis would be incredible, but I would be hoping that they'd play Writing To Reach You. It's usually a staple, but I'd melt if I was there to hear it live.

Of some of the bands I've seen:

U2: Gloria, Heartland, The Unforgettable Fire
Interpol: I had a perfect setlist when I saw them in '08, so I'm actually quite satisfied. They rotated a few songs on that tour, but all my faves were played the night I was there!
Coldplay: Amsterdam.

Also, haven't seen REM, Oasis or Radiohead but I'd go crazy if they respectively played Pilgrimage, Acquiesce and Idioteque and I was there.

U2's Gloria it is though, just because I consider it my favourite song of all time.

Hmmm, I've never seen TRAVIS, so just seeing Travis would be incredible, but I would be hoping that they'd play Writing To Reach You. It's usually a staple, but I'd melt if I was there to hear it live.

Of some of the bands I've seen:

U2: Gloria, Heartland, The Unforgettable Fire
Interpol: I had a perfect setlist when I saw them in '08, so I'm actually quite satisfied. They rotated a few songs on that tour, but all my faves were played the night I was there!
Coldplay: Amsterdam.

Also, haven't seen REM, Oasis or Radiohead but I'd go crazy if they respectively played Pilgrimage, Acquiesce and Idioteque and I was there.

U2's Gloria it is though, just because I consider it my favourite song of all time.

Are Travis still together? I'm still blue Radiohead never toured, I was living in a fantasy land, I was almost certain they would. More shattered because In Rainbows is my favourite album of theirs, so if they come here next tour, and the albums blows or even if it doesn't, I'll probably miss All I Need, Weird Fishes, Reckoner...

I wish The Sundays had made more than three albums. My Finest Hour is such a great song, especially for a song thaet pops up at the end of the album.
:sad:
The last I heard, Harriet and David are married and/or raising children together. It's absurd to think of a couple like that living together and not creating music. It hurts to think of what great material we are missing out on. I miss them very much.

Travis are very much still around, but are now an Indie band. Released theirlast cracking album in October last year. Still have a sizable fanbase in South America and Scotland....and they've been touring the US a fair bit this year. Haven't been to Oz since '01.

I hope Radiohead come down. Maybe BDO? Would love some of the setlists they played on the tour last year. An In Rainbows gig in Melbourne.

seguing into "four and a half minutes of shit"?

now THAT would be a way to make up for skipping us.

did they play narc at your interpol concert by the way? that's my favourite interpol song.

I'd kill you to NOT hear the song.

Sorry I'm so late with my response.

It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to something else, so being tardy was okay.

I'd really kill to see The Pixies play Doolittle in its entirety. Frank Black makes Sam Kinison sound like my grandmother.

I would have loved to have heard Shine on You Crazy Diamond, or Echoes, but I think most of all I'd have loved to have heard Fearless by the Floyd. Incredible song

Back
Top Bottom