Thanks for the music, Phil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dalton said:
If you have not already, I highly recommend ignoring me immediately.

I enjoy yours and Gafs posts immensely. It was a bad moment on my end.

Edit: but the fact remains that to come into a thread and write a post like that about a guy who pretty clearly has something going wrong in his life just isn't the greatest thing in the world to do.

I'm sad and a little ashamed of myself for all the Phail Collins jokes I've made over the years. A lot of them weren't even particularly funny. But I enjoyed the man and his music. My enjoyment of Sussudio is marred, though, one: because the title track drives me up the wall, and two: Patrick frickin Bateman. That bastard also ruined one of my favourite Sesame Street segments.

But I'm sad that Phil is retiring and that he's struggling with depression. I hope he gets better and rethinks this decision.

Sorry, I was kind of in the midst of a personal crisis and I took a bit of aggression out on you, but, I just didn't really appreciate coming in the thread and seeing someone express disappointment in Phil not being dead. But, I realize you were making a joke, and let's just move on with our lives.

I think he meant it more in a "I thought this was a R.I.P. thread and it turns out it's not" way.

I could see how the thread headline might confuse someone.

He's been my favourite solo artist for years. I don't care about haters, everyone has the right to have own musical taste.
Phil is known for a few pop ballads, while checking his career more precisely we find out that songs like One More Night are only a part of his repertoir.
I recommend listening to albums like Both Sides and Face Value. And of course all Genesis stuff, Driving The Last Spike, Firth Of Fifth, Domino...
Not many arist are able to compose all songs on the album, write all lyrics, sing, play all instruments, record and produce a CD, as he did with Both Sides.

I'm sad this is the end.

I can't even find the original but this'll do the trick

Some context...the song might seem cheesy now..but at 12/13 crushing on your first middle school sweetheart..well this was one my many jams for that kinda situation :lol:

YouTube - Phil Collins - Like China (No Ticket Required Live)

I loved this song back in the day.

His stuff was way overplayed for several years, but I don't think I've ever run screaming from the room when any of it's come on the radio or tv. Some of his work I enjoy a lot, especially when I'm in certain moods, and virtually all of it is very catchy.

He was never an absolute fave of mine, but I could never hate him either. I even saw him in concert (solo), and it was a good show.

I'm sad this is the end.

If you think this ending is sad, you're going to be devastated by Bono's.

happybirthdaychaz.jpg

I thought of another Phil song that I really like - Easy Lover, his duet with the Earth, Wind & Fire guy.

Underrated, man. Underrated.

They have been playing so much Phil/Phil Genesis on the radio lately, it's very much like he died. Apparently, retirement is also a career move. Which seems to defeat the purpose. But I digress.

For me personally Both Sides is the best album ever made. Kept hoping for some new material these last 8 years but only got that Motown mumbojumbo :( Shame he oficially calls it a day now :(

I've liked everything that Phil has done, both with Genesis and solo. The Motown album was a great one, shame it was the final curtain call. :(

Abacab is a great album, was spinning it yesterday. I honestly can't pick a bad Genesis album.

Back
Top Bottom