Tell Me Your 7 Favorite Album Closers NOW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Off the top of my head, Idlewild's 'In Remote Part / Scottish Fiction' would be pretty high on my list.

This is tougher for some reason, but here's a few I can think of (old school, of course):

Pink Floyd - Brain Damage/Eclipse (DSOTM) So I'm cheating here,it's one in my mind :)
Bowie - Rock 'n Roll Suicide (Ziggy Stardust)
Rolling Stones - Salt of the Earth (Beggars Banquet)
Elton John - Burn Down the Mission (Tumbleweed Connection)
Marillion - Forgotten Sons (Script for a Jester's Tear)
Jerry Garcia - The Wheel (Garcia)
Jethro Tull - Wind Up (Aqualung)

That whole side of the album doesn't do much for me, to be honest.

Yep. One of U2's very best first halves followed by a monotonous, strangely incoherent second that amounts to very little. The truly odd part is that I actually enjoy it in spite of how much of a dropoff it is. That's just how good the first half is.

i'm one of the few who absolutely prefers the studio version of Bad to the live rendition. i like the guitar better than the synth.

:up:

(but the synth is there in the studio version; it just isn't there for the whole song)

TUF is front-loaded, but I love the hell out of the b-side as well. I get just as much out of studio "Bad" as live.

It's SO boring unless I'm in the mood to listen for the interplay of the rhythm section, which is actually very interesting.

I'll acknowledge that highlight, but you pinpointed the main problem: it's boring where every live recording I've heard has been transcendent.

Back
Top Bottom