Tegan and Sara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
1. Twin sisters
2. Cute, smart, funny
3. Canadian
4. White Stripes famously covered their song "Walking With A Ghost"
5. Friends with Neil Young
6. Friends with Hayley from Paramore
7. Have been around for a long time
8. Honest pop songs with guitar and/or keyboards
9. Publicly called out Tyler the Creator for his misogynistic and homophobic lyrics
10. Brand new album, Heartthrob, came out today
11. It's their synth-poppiest album to date
12. It's awesome
13. I think I like Sara a little bit better than Tegan, but it's hard to tell them apart in interviews sometimes

I love them. :up: I didn't really like their last album, but from what I've heard of Heartthrob so far, I'm excited.

They're probably the band I've seen the most out of any musical artist(s) - I've been to pretty much every show that they've played here since they started. It's fun to say that I saw them back in the day in tiny little clubs before they got famous. :)

Not sure how I missed Heartthrob on the calendar. Anyway, need to check this out.

Once when I was in Vancouver I flipped on the TV in my hotel room and Tegan and Sara were doing an acoustic version of Alligator Tears on some kids' show. They had reworked the lyrics to make it a kid-friendly song. Pretty cute, really.

I have one of their albums, but I find their voices to be really off-putting.

Don't like the new song at all.

It's strange, Cori. They didn't always sing like that. I was backtracking and bought their second album, This Business of Art, and they don't have that nasally sound at all. Their voices are warmer and deeper than what you hear on their more recent records. I still listen to their newer stuff, but I miss those old vocals.

Huh, good to know.

I think the one I have is called The Cost? I liked it enough to get it, but I never listen to it.

And I haaaaated that Walking With a Ghost song they had, which was the first I'd ever heard of them.

Awwwww, Walking With A Ghost is great.

I can totally see people being turned off by their vocals, though.

You're probably thinking of The Con. I love the title track on that album, and it also has the song that mofo referenced upthread.

The album with Walking With A Ghost is the only one I have. I liked that album quite a bit, they were pretty indie-popular when it came out.

I like the live version of that Back In Your Head song quite a bit. Spotify used it in one of their commercials for a while, always got it stuck in my head (irony?!).

Ugh, I hate Walking with a Ghost. It's annoyingly repetitive. I definitely prefer their first few albums, but I kinda like this new direction they're going in.

I've got four of their records, with This Business of Art probably being my favorite. Their older style of singing and songwriting was good stuff.

The only album of theirs that I've heard is The Con, which is really enjoyable. Walking With a Ghost bugs me.

The reaction to Heartthrob has been interesting and reminds me of the reaction to It's Blitz: critics love it while the fans are bitching about the synth pop influence. I'm not sure this is the one I'll listen to next.

This is my AOTY so far. It keeps calling me back. Addictive album, this one. Hot shit.

Also, there are a couple of songs on here that, whether intentional or not, do a great job of capturing that big 80s vibe that the songs on the Drive soundtrack had.

The doors are open, the wind is really blowING
The night sky is changing overhead

I WON'T TREAT YOU LIKE YOU'RE OH SO TYPICAOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHLLLLLLLLL

Back
Top Bottom