Tears For Fears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoFox1

Blue Crack Supplier
Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back agai
YUP! The 80's are back and a lot of bands from our our youth are making a comeback.

It seems to me that I have seen more 80's bands now that in my youth (but then I didnt have a job or money then)

My friend and I went through the whole Tears For Fears-youtube gallery of videos a last year back and realized that this band had good songs after all and agreed to see them live if we got a chance, They will play sometime this year here in So.Cal

Any TFF fans out there?

Here is current news about them

Tears For Fears

tearsforfearsfans.com

Damn fine band. Probably my favorite group that gets bunched in with the rest of the new wave genre. You can tell, going all the way back to The Hurting, that there was particularly great songwriting at play, and the songs have aged well because of that.

Some of my favorite tracks of theirs:

Pale Shelter
Head Over Heels
Advice For The Young At Heart
Break It Down Again

I agree that the songs have aged VERY WELL, even though their earlier stuff was quite depressing and being that I was young it affected me somehow, anyway
I like Everybody Wants To Rule The World, Pale Shelter, Seeds OF Love among others

Can't wait to finally see them live :)

Love them, have seen them 2 or 3 times, have met them once.

TFF :up:

I pretty much love every song off the first three albums: The Hurting, Songs From THe Big Chair, The Seeds Of Love. Roland kind of lost me around Raoul And The Kings Of Spain, but I thought Everybody Loves A Happy Ending was a really fun, enjoyable album, even if not as great as their 80's output.

A few standout tracks in Fitz's opinion:

Year Of The Knife
Swords And Knives
Standing On The Corner Of The Free World
Badman's Song :drool: :drool: :combust: (AMAZING pop-jazz worthy of Steely Dan comparisons)
Listen
I Believe
The Working Hour
Ideas As Opiates
Watch Me Bleed
The Prisoner
The Way You Are
Memories Fade
Pharoahs

:drool: :drool:

Love them, have seen them 2 or 3 times, have met them once.

TFF :up:

I pretty much love every song off the first three albums: The Hurting, Songs From THe Big Chair, The Seeds Of Love. Roland kind of lost me around Raoul And The Kings Of Spain, but I thought Everybody Loves A Happy Ending was a really fun, enjoyable album, even if not as great as their 80's output.

A few standout tracks in Fitz's opinion:

Year Of The Knife
Swords And Knives
Standing On The Corner Of The Free World
Badman's Song :drool: :drool: :combust: (AMAZING pop-jazz worthy of Steely Dan comparisons)
Listen
I Believe
The Working Hour
Ideas As Opiates
Watch Me Bleed
The Prisoner
The Way You Are
Memories Fade
Pharoahs

:drool: :drool:

Awesome picks! :up: though I am not familiar with a lot of those songs (will do my TFF homework :)
Roland still has a great voice

^wat.

I appreciate TFF. :wink: Cue Zoots!

Definitely one of the bands on my "need to look into futher" list though. I like quite a few of their songs, but I've never gotten past their greatest hits and Songs From The Big Chair.

I only know four songs, their four biggest hits I guess, Head Over Heels, thanks to Donnie Darko, Mad World, Shout and Everybody Wants to Blah Blah blah, I'm thinking of getting a best of, I like their shit.

I love this band.
Woman In Chains has to be listen to with headphones, great song.
Everybody Wants To Rule The World always puts me in a happy mood.

I love this band.
Woman In Chains has to be listen to with headphones, great song.
Everybody Wants To Rule The World always puts me in a happy mood.

Especially the Cabazon footage in the video!. That brings back childhood memories! I have pictures standing next to the Dinasours when I was about 5 or 6 years old :D (We used to travel to Mexico a lot, my dad would always stop at EAT so we could eat!) :lol:

I was just listening to shout on the radio here at work :)

They filmed in Cabazon?! Did not know that.
:up:

Tears for Fears
7/17/2009 Friday
8:00 PM Pacific Amphitheater - Costa Mesa in Costa Mesa, CA

Tears for Fears Tickets
7/20/2009 Monday
7:30 PM Humphreys Concerts By the Bay in San Diego, CA

:hmm:

They filmed in Cabazon?! Did not know that.
:up:

Tears for Fears
7/17/2009 Friday
8:00 PM Pacific Amphitheater - Costa Mesa in Costa Mesa, CA

Tears for Fears Tickets
7/20/2009 Monday
7:30 PM Humphreys Concerts By the Bay in San Diego, CA

:hmm:

YEAH!! That is close to my B-Day! I think they will also be playing the Orange County Fair which is where I might see them :hyper:

YEAH!! That is close to my B-Day! I think they will also be playing the Orange County Fair which is where I might see them :hyper:

Oh, by the way BFx1, the 7/17 show at Pacific Amphitheater is the Orange County Fair show. And normally, if you buy a ticket to a summer series show at Pac Amp, you get into the Fair that day for free. :up:

My friends and I are seeing Duran Duran there on 7/11. :hyper:

I'm trying not to go to too many concerts this year, but TFF would definitely be tempting!

The Seeds Of Love is very pop-ish, very jazz-y, a real departure in their sound, but so frickin' gooooooooood! :drool: :drool:

The Seeds Of Love is AH-Mazing! It's like a whole bunch of songs in one! I also like video :)

I went to Best Buy today and looked for the best of since you had mentioned quite a few songs I had not heard but they didnt much! I'll look on line :)

Feel good music! :drool:

I very much appreciate the Tears. Favourites include Tears Roll Down, Sowing The Seeds, Break It Down Again, Goodnight Song and several others! :love:

I don't have a single album of theirs though... only that "Shout" hits set. :reject:

Oh, by the way BFx1, the 7/17 show at Pacific Amphitheater is the Orange County Fair show. And normally, if you buy a ticket to a summer series show at Pac Amp, you get into the Fair that day for free. :up:

My friends and I are seeing Duran Duran there on 7/11. :hyper:

I'm trying not to go to too many concerts this year, but TFF would definitely be tempting!

AHH! Im going to have to see them seeing that U2 shows are towards the end of October :)

Back
Top Bottom