Taylor Swift - RED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
October 22.

It hasn't even been two years since the last one, so that's awesome. You've got to be prolific in pop.

Oooooooh, guys. The lead single is easily her most blatant attempt at a radio hit yet. Not entirely sure how I feel about it. It's silly, and super poppy, and childish, but it does have some zing and a big chorus. Probably will do very well, but I don't know. It's called "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."

I just kind of feel that it sounds a bit too much like a number of other pop artist's throwaway radio singles. Only heard it twice, though. And, with sixteen tracks on this beast, I'm sure there will be plenty of tunes that feel a bit more distinct, more in the singer/songwriter vein and less superficial.

I do suddenly have a strong hankering to listen to it again, though. Uh oh.

I will say, mobvok got his wish.

He had mentioned that, on the next album, he wanted to see Taylor ditch the lame cursive font that she's been using on her album covers. And she did! The album cover for Speak Now was probably the only thing that I didn't love about that entire project, and this one is a huge improvement. Very happy with it. I'll try to find a good quality picture of it.

I'm slightly concerned that she's enlisting outside songwriters for this one, but maybe she wanted to branch out her subject matter or something. This is supposed to be a darker, more intense record, hence the title.

I will say, mobvok got his wish.

Cool. That you remember that, and that it's not that.

2502659-taylor-swift-red-617-409.jpg

Swift said the song was born while she was in the studio with songwriters Max Martin and Johan Shellback and a friend of her ex’s — she declined to name names — walked in.

Urf, Martin and Shellback? They're really talented, but I was hoping she'd escape their axis since it seems like half the top 100 hits are being written by Martin/Shellback/Dr Luke.

Album cover is stunning.

Urf, Martin and Shellback? They're really talented, but I was hoping she'd escape their axis since it seems like half the top 100 hits are being written by Martin/Shellback/Dr Luke.

Yeah, I hope this is the only Max Martin co-write on the album.

I have an idea of what she was going for. Speak Now was massively successful in terms of album sales, but it didn't really have a BIG, inescapable radio hit. "Never Ever" is definitely her brash attempt at getting one. So it makes sense to hire Martin.

Like I hinted at earlier, I have a feeling that this single will end up being very misleading once we look at the album as a whole. I'm like Bart Scott for the other fifteen tracks on the album. Only two months away. Hopefully she does a little Speak Now action and drops a couple more promo songs leading up to the release date.

I want to cut his head off and crap down his throat.

duke-nukem-trilogy-490.jpg

Taylor is pumping out the records, I'll be interested to see how this one turns out. I kind of really liked Speak Now when it first came out and then some of the songs I grew tired of. But started to like the second half of the album a bit more.

itunes is dangling a link to the single on the storefront main page like a shiny lure, but also telling me the content can't be previewed/loaded because it's not available.

Is there only a live version out right now?

There isn't an official version out yet. It will be on iTunes and something called Google Play at some point later tonight.

She played it over the speakers during her webchat a couple hours ago, so that's floating around, but it's really shoddy quality.

This whole hubub reminded me to check in on T Swift's Interference page, and it's been almost a year since that user's logged in. :(

I still 60% think it was actually her.

I'm going to hold out for the official version then. Shouldn't have to wait long.

Snap, I forgot about that.

Also, even though she almost completely veered away from "country" on Speak Now, she still was able to sneak those singles and videos onto country radio and CMT.

I don't see how it will be possible for country radio to play this new song. Will the clout she's developed over the years in that circuit still allow her to get "Never Ever" played at those stations? Even though it's about as "country" as a Katy Perry song? Something we'll have to keep an eye on.

yeah, I don't know if you remember but one of the posts made was about seeing the Spiderman musical and I found a blog bit-let about Taylor and her parents seeing it around that time frame.

So I just clicked "buy" even though the proper page link wouldn't connect and I'm listening to it now

feels like when NLOTH leaked after someone just realized that the "buy" button wasn't greyed out on that music site

7778020770_c3ce9d85b9.jpg

Ok speaking of the Martin influence, the chorus background percussion is a big ole' stomp which....er, sounds a little common.

this may be a half live studio version or whatever, but she twice does what she did last record and stops in the middle to make an off-melody comment

at 37 seconds she's doing a dead-on Hayley Williams

I'm really gonna miss you picking fights
and me falling for it screaming that I'm right
and you would hide away and find your peace of mind
with some indie record that's *much* cooler than mine

really like the you go talk to your friends talk to my friends talk to me part. I think that's the main hook of the song

Maybe she should try writing about something else besides her breakups, it's really becoming a cliche. Isn't it also supposed to be about the breakup of her parents' marriage?

She's dating Conor Kennedy, Bobby Kennedy Jr's son. Supposedly since May, when she consoled him after his mother's suicide. He's 18. She just paid 5 million in cash for a house right next to the Kennedy compound on Cape Cod. I think she's very impulsive about relationships, seems to be a pattern. I know that has nothing to do with her album, I haven't heard any of it.

Apparently we are NEVAH EVAH EVAH EVAH EVAH EVAH EVEH NEVAH EVAH EVAH GETTING BACK TOGETEHAR! :sad:

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH
YEAH

I like it, guys. Song's gonna be huge.

Wish it didn't sound so dated. Reminds me of So Yesterday or Complicated.

Like, ever.

Like, ever.

They even did that thing where the treble slowly fades back in. I get the feeling there will be a better version of the song out there played live- Taylor sounds the best near the end of the song when the vocals loosen up.

Back
Top Bottom