Taylor Swift - RED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can get $5 take out on a Saturday evening and have enough of it left over for a meal on Sunday!!!!

they're telling human stories in a fantasy world, it's a cross over hit!

it's a heartless Mergers and Acquisitions world out there if you're a lonely brand ambassador looking for a connection

whoa "Taylor Swift"'s last Interference log-in was November 12th last year. it used to be August 2011!

I don't know what the theme of her Grammy performance tonight was, but I assume since there were so many hobos with guitars onstage but no Gaga, all the crazy decided to condense into one cirque-de-soleil business

also during the Lumineers performance CBS had a few wide shots from the back of the auditorium and you could see a certain blonde girl was the only one jumping up and down in her section

That was trainwrecky, sorry. I know the Grammy Awards are always a train wreck and she's just trying to fit in with all of that..had to be some sort of extreme show opener. The whole show was unwatchable, from LL Cool J on down.

She looked glamorous on the red carpet, definitely changing her image in that regard.

Taylor Swift - 22 - YouTube

I'm assuming this is the first music video shot in 4:3 in probably 5 or 6 years? Instagram filter!

A writhing mass of humanity would be coded as "gay" if guys were laying like that on the beach. Gender roles!

but seriously, it's cool beans.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ADDISON TIMLIN IS IN THE NEW TAYLOR SWIFT MUSIC VIDEO.

omgomgomgomgomg

And V from Gossip Girl!

Wow. Be still my heart. This is almost too much.

Damn. They're not in it nearly enough.

If you don't know who Addison Timlin is, go watch Season 4 of Californication. She's incredible. One of my favorite young actresses in Hollywood, easily. She also has a really funny/dark/self-deprecating Twitter account.

And if you don't know who V from Gossip Girl is, you're already too late and you're probably not very cool.

wyQIMr6.png

jlcMQO0.png

Meow

The video is ripe for some good .gif action.

I personally really liked that big, piñata looking heart that she was fucking around with.

Tonight was the first night of the tour, too. The setlist is not good. WAAAY too RED heavy.

I think RED is fucking brilliant. It's one of my favorite albums ever. But she's got three other great LPs. There are only four songs in the set pre-RED. That's brutal.

Not a single song from the debut? Millions and millions of people fell in love with her because of the debut, including me. And it's been slowly dying out in the sets, and now it's completely dead. To me, that's a shame. And only two songs off of SPEAK NOW? I guess you can't blame an artist for wanting to bust out the newest material, but I think this is a bit extreme. It's too lacking in the older stuff.

Her sets are always going to be so static, too, because she's such a big fan of the huge production and the costume changes and all that. Oh, well. I'll bet the RED tracks go off live. And the four that she played from before RED probably got a tremendous crowd reaction. I actually can guarantee that.

Holy shit. Please tell me you don't actually believe that. Just Googled it, and apparently it was in the god damn National Enquirer.

Can you please refrain from coming into this thread spouting off shit that you read in supermarket checkout line trash like the fucking NATIONAL ENQUIRER? Thank you.

And now moving on. Mobvok, or anyone else, what say you about tonight's tour premiere set list?

Ignoring the tinaandamy business, what I didn't like in Swift's Vanity Fair interview is that she "authorized" an anonymous person to talk shit about Harry Styles. Either talk about it or don't, but own your characterization of it, don't launder it.

I'm not sure how much to read in about one night's setlist. This is a really dull thought, I admit, but maybe she was just excited to put as many songs out there live as possible for the start of the tour? I did a quick check of U2Tours.com and it wasn't until ZooTV that U2 started putting 20+ songs out there, and if you're hovering around 15-17 songs a set then given that, there's not a whole lot of room for much else.

I like that Holy Ground took the #2 slot; I think it's an underrated track.

A lesson from Taylor Swift live recordings on youtube is that her audience consists of naturally born vuvuzelas that are death to any handheld recording attempts

HOW CAN YOU SCREAM AT THAT FREQUENCY

Yeah, I liked that as well actually. State of Grace -> Holy Ground is a killer opener. Two of my favorites on the album most definitely.

Also catching my eye was the "piano version" of All Too Well. One of her best songs, and I'm looking forward to hearing some good quality audio of a potentially stripped down piano version.

Yes, man. Always liked that. You're Not Sorry kicks ass.

And that's what I'm talking about with this setlist from tonight. A song exactly like that. Do you know how apeshit her fans would go if she somehow busted out something like that...like a You're Not Sorry, or maybe Change or Hey Stephen or the title track from Fearless, or something like Picture To Burn or Tim McGraw or A Place In This World off the debut? I know I would.

I really hope she mixes in some of that older stuff, but I highly doubt it.

First time hearing 22 on the radio. Real life quote: "hey, a new Carly Rae Jepsen single!" Took me a second to tell who was singing.

Really not feeling Taylor as a pop starlet. If she wanted to do something different, she should have picked State of Grace. That's a great song.

If the set list stays as is, I mean. I fell in love with the country starlet, not this pop princess wannabe.

Ehhh, well that sucks that you've soured on her as much as you have.

And I complain about the current setlist, but I still know the show would be an absolute blast for anyone that's even remotely a fan.

Last night, on night 2 of the tour, she played five songs pre-RED:

You Belong Wif Me
Mean
White Horse
Sparks Fly
Love Story

Tell me that wouldn't be great. (Love the addition of White Horse. I hope she uses that spot in the set to maybe rotate in some of the older tracks.)

Add to that the big, arena-made stuff from RED, and this shit would go down. I still think the set could be a lot better, with a couple more of the early biz, but I'd wager that you'd have a good time. Unless you really do just hate her now.

If I didn't hate half of red it would be great. I just can't believe there's nothing from the debut.

Well, she played "Should've Said No" tonight. The debut is alive!

Fucking awesome. Maybe she was reading this thread.

Back
Top Bottom