Taylor Swift has written and recorded the year's best and most exciting pop album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, she has said that the next single will be based on "fan reaction."

And, right now, the song that is selling best on iTunes from the album is Sparks Fly.

I wouldn't be mad about that. Song is a banger. But who knows.

But, yeah, Mean should be a single most certainly. It's such an awesome fuck you, that chorus is insanely catchy, and it's just about the most country song she's ever done, so it would be nice, like you said, for her to be winning country music awards based on country music singles.

Enchanted is too long to be a single, I don't want to hear a neutered radio edit on the radio.

Enchanted is too long to be a single, I don't want to hear a neutered radio edit on the radio.

Regardless, it's probably going to happen. I don't like the idea myself, either, but it's probably going to have the most airplay of the ballads.

3164847.jpg

There's a single cover for "Mean" already, isn't there?

Well, yeah, she released three songs as iTunes only tracks before the album came out. Back To December, Speak Now, and Mean. They all have their own cover art. But the official second single hasn't been announced yet.

I'm seeing all of this now. I've got nothing on you when it comes to Swift knowledge, Gaffer, lol.

And that answers the ballad choice decision then, clearly she's going to go with "Back to December", which is a bummer.

And that answers the ballad choice decision then, clearly she's going to go with "Back to December", which is a bummer.

Nah, each track on the album has its own corresponding art.

You'd know this if you'd purchased a physical copy of the album. :wink:

It's just that those were the three she put on iTunes before the album was released, so we saw their art early.

Before Fearless, she released "You're Not Sorry" to iTunes along with cover art. It was never an official single. So in no way does this mean that Back to December is a confirmed eventual single. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes one.

Pwnd again, I guess.
I'm not buying the physical copy for a while, getting it for my sister for Christmas.

Wasn't tryin to pwn you. I agree, I wouldn't be over the moon if Back to December becomes one of the radio singles.

I have been trying to think of whom Taylor Swift reminds me in terms of looks, and it finally hit me today: Donna from That 70s Show, especially after she went blonde in the later episodes.

I'm going to try avoiding posting on the site until GAF gets back. That suspension was unwarranted. What the fuck is the point of the anonymous thread if we can't post barely anonymously?

For the GAF. I shall reduce advertising opportunities by not reading the pop ups by not logging on. Till GAF do us part.

EDIT: This night being the last night I post. I'm shit hammered and probably will log in three hours from now to try and link myself to Don Draper. Which would not be an unreasonable comparison.

My drunk typing is improving at a rapid pace. College for days.

Taylor Swift, mhmm yuhuh etc etc...

Where exactly was it that put GAF over the edge for the mods?

If this thread has convinced anybody to listen to the album, please buy it. I'm serious.

You guys know that I usually don't give a shit about illegal downloading, but this is one artist that I care about actually getting them records sold.

I first noticed you/this in the Country That Doesn't Suck thread and was wondering if the enthusiasm was ironic, but after this thread I just spun up the youtubes. :up: Swift never made much of an impression on me before, (only remember Love Story) but I did enjoy the brief selection I heard.

Also, I always thought she was an American Idol contestant, for some reason. :hmm: :doh:

I wouldn't say I'm converted, yet. However I've been through the album 2-3 times, and is really enjoyable :shifty:

*quietly goes back to listening to Tori Amos records....*

You're going to make it through this, Cori. Once you get over the initial shock, it's actually a fairly pleasant ride.

I kind of skimmed past the ballads, but I ended up liking 5 of the songs. I think I liked Mean the best.

Oh, and I did really like the one about her crashing the dude's wedding, it was pretty cute. Although I was thinking the whole time ".... and how does the guy feel about all of this?" I kept picturing him being all "WTF you crazy stalker, I haven't talked to you in a year!" And that made me laugh.

Back
Top Bottom