Taylor Swift has written and recorded the year's best and most exciting pop album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I looked it up because it was driving me crazy. I read that Lea Michele was in Les Miz in some magazine article at my hair salon. Doesn't matter but at least now I know my memory isn't completely failing me :wink:

this was a rather unexpected last.fm result:
87D3a.png

so there you go, 2011 was my Taylor Swift year. Down at the bottom we can see El Camino making a late December surge. Funnily enough, U2 is #2 on the 12 month artist rankings, but it's so diffuse that no single album hits the top rankings. The Best of 1980-1990, Pop, and Zooropa are the top 3.

I've got to hear Alive 2007 at some point.

I first heard it during finals week in December 2010 and it pretty much blew me away. I gotta say I'm really not a fan of their studio cuts, but each element during the live performance is just perfect.

I haven't seen her live yet and, yeah, she certainly has shown off some less than perfect vocals on TV, but the word is that her live singing improved a great deal on her most recent world tour. She put out that live album, and it sounds good.

Still, she will never be known for her live singing. But, fuck it. Keep bringing them dope studio cuts.

I dug around a little and found this combo:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlSxwWUljwM&

it *is* a little tough finding live Swift performances on the YouTubes that are both quality and not drowned out by screaming tweens. but this song pair matches up quite well, and it sounds like The Agency had some fun.

So do I.

taylor-swift-0212-VO-WELL29_110413199635.jpg

taylor-swift-0212-VO-WELL32_110414158356.jpg

But I like this photoshoot.

The piece that Vogue did on her is pretty good, and I like that the author seems to get her sense of humor and even talks about how she's "bawdy" and is cursing in the car with him.

Here's the article. It's worth a read for anyone that's a fan.

Taylor Swift: The Single Life - Magazine - Vogue

If someone doesn’t seem to want to get to know me as a person but instead seems to have kind of bought into the whole idea of me and he approves of my Wikipedia page? And falls in love based on zero hours spent with me? That’s maybe something to be aware of. That will fade fast. You can’t be in love with a Google search.

that hat

wuuuuuut

Indeed, one of the first things she mentions is the infamous honey-badger clip on YouTube that features a deadpan 
obscenity-laced narration. Swift knows every line—though she asks if her cursing can be off the record. She may be edgier than her image suggests, but she is not Courtney Love.

I like.

The slow transition toward a Stevie Nicks/Grace Slick look isn't terribly surprising; she's been attempting to get away with dressing that way in a conservative country context for a while now. I dunno about the coy heroin-chic thing in that second pic, but at least she dumped the blinding red lipstick.

Vogue put some sort of effect on a lot of these photos; it makes it seem like Taylor lives in a rich pulsating technicolor dream-plane of existence
taylor-swift-0212-VO-WELL36_110416598941.jpg

the fireplace! is it a.....near infra-red filter?

Tigga's been listening to a little too much Mylo Xyloto.

Maybe she's been getting crazy and slipping in an extra espresso shot.

She finally responds to the Great Jaxheimer Controversy of Aught Oh Twelve:

When I confess I played the cymbals in marching band during my freshman year, she high-fives me. “All of my favorite people—people I really trust—none of them were cool in their younger years,” she says. “Because if you know how to be cool in middle school, maybe you have skills you shouldn’t. Maybe you know how to be conniving, like, naturally.” She laughs. “There’s always that seventh-grade girl who looks like she’s 25. And you’re like, How do you do it? How do you do it, Sarah Jaxheimer?” She lets out a comically ear-piercing shriek: “Why is your hair always so shiny?!” (Later, I Google Sarah Jaxheimer, and sure enough, she has perfect, lustrous Jennifer Aniston hair.)

taylorswift13 taylorswift13
As I mentioned in Vogue, Sarah Jaxheimer went to middle school with me and had great hair. She's a lovely girl. Blog sites, calm down.

Some intrepid blog apparently thought they had found the Rosetta Stone character that was the villain in all of Swift's songs.

I'm a pretty fucking huge fan of this girl, and not even I would have taken an off-the-cuff mention of an acquaintance from middle school and tried to go track her down and dig up dirt on her.

People be crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SACPeeDKK9U

I couldn't agree more with the top commenter. This needs to be what she does at the Grammys. Don't do a song off of Speak Now, an album that will be 16 months old at the time of the show...do this. Your most recent tune, an understated gem, and a song that you clearly can nail live.

That would not be a bad bet.

I could also see her doing "Mean", because it's the song that she's nominated for, and some of the lyric of the song is inspired by people talking shit about her after her last Grammys performance. So that would totally make sense.

"Safe And Sound" with The Civil Wars is completely the way to go, though. A hushed, mature, assured performance. And I'm pretty sure The Civil Wars will be there. I think they're nominated for some stuff.

It would make sense, given all the hype for The Hunger Games, so it could very likely go either way.

Speaking of "Ours", I hate that I'm only hearing it on the country stations. I love that song, and I would like to hear it more, but I rarely stop on those stations, only when I'm scanning, so catching it is a rare gem.

Yeah, maybe for the best. I was definitely curious to see her in the role, it sounded cool, but LP4 is all that matters.

Oh, and do "Safe & Sound" at the Grammys.

Not exactly breaking news. Heard about that shit yesterday.

1. Apparently there was a big group at the dinner. It wasn't just a one-on-one thing.
2. That being said, it seems like a logical couple, and I wouldn't be completely surprised if they do start dating.
3. I don't hate Tim Tebow nearly as much as most people. I actually think his shtick and the whole hoopla surrounding him is kind of amusing. The only time he ever really pissed me off was when the Broncos beat the Bears last season.
4. Praise his light.
5. If they actually start dating, it would be funny.
6. I won't lie and say that I don't have at least some interest in what she's doing in her personal life, but I honestly don't really care all that much about it. Just bring on LP4.
7. LP4: October 2012

Eyes Open, Taylor's counterpart song to Safe and Sound on the Hunger Games soundtrack, leaked a few days ago.

Once again the girl's got a great ear for a vocal melody and doin' work on the lyrics, but it goes to show why the Civil Wars were a great pairing for her on S&S; pushing her beyond a fairly general pop-rock backing. That's not necessarily a problem, but I think she ends up pulling a Mysterious Ways, letting the catchy chorus run itself out rather than pushing to a divine Sunday Bloody Sunday level. Anyway, it's hard to put my finger on how, exactly, but she definitely sounds older than she does on Mine, which is the next song on my overall iTunes listing. For being the Other Song on the album, I was worried about a letdown, but it's really not. I'd give it a B (and Safe and Sound a B+/A-).

Back
Top Bottom