Tammy Terrell & Marvin Gaye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Psst, check the post directly under your initial thread starter. Don't be stealing my song. ;)

part of me prefers listening to the Tammy Terrell & Marvin Gaye albums over Gaye's solo offerings

joyous stuff

I seem to go through stages of being obsessed over certain songs. The other night I was watching TV and my neighbours just blasted out Stand By Me. Although you couldn't hear the vocals that tune is so distinctive. The next day I found Ben E Kings version on a compilation album of songs from old jean adverts. Such a great tune and he had a great voice; Percy Sledge, Marvin Gaye, Barry White, Sam Cooke and Luthor Vandros. Nowadays everyone just sounds the same and everyone just seems to copy each other style. They don't make them like they used to.

I finally have a day off today, so I've been dancing all over my house with the iPod blasting their version of "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". It's been covered a million times but nothing will ever touch the original. It is without a doubt one of the best songs ever.:heart: It's just one of those songs that everyone knows and everyone loves regardless of generation. I've sung it on road trips with my mom and dad and dancing around my room with my friends. That's the mark of a great song.

Back
Top Bottom